Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie BF2 Competition

Options
  • 23-02-2007 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

A while ago I organised a boards.ie bf2 competition, that for the most went very well. For most clans BF2 is all but dead, and the impending ETQW will probably finish it.

I'd like to run another inf competition among the irish clans. That would be TiG, 1stIB, NRG, GFF, etc. Say 5 v 5 or 6 v 6 inf competition, maybe even full conquest if peeps really want it.

If any of the clans think this is worth a go, and if any public players who are non clanned want to organise a boards.ie team then please post.

tig.bf2|fairy

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A while ago I organised a boards.ie bf2 competition, that for the most went very well. For most clans BF2 is all but dead, and the impending ETQW will probably finish it.

I'd like to run another inf competition among the irish clans. That would be TiG, 1stIB, NRG, GFF, etc. Say 5 v 5 or 6 v 6 inf competition, maybe even full conquest if peeps really want it.

If any of the clans think this is worth a go, and if any public players who are non clanned want to organise a boards.ie team then please post.

tig.bf2|fairy

After all these months of 2142, I went back to trying some good ol' BF2 last night. This did not end well. I can't hit anything any more, and couldn't even manage more kills than deaths. If other non-clanners are up for it, then I'll pitch in, but it'll be more for laughs then any hope of victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

We havent played a competitive game in ages, and not really much pubbing either tbh, its all for a bit of fun before the game finishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

I'd be up for it anyway, I'll ask the rest of the NRG crew that I still talk to but I wouldn't hold your breath for a NRG team. I'll get back to you as soon as I can anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

this may tempt me into reinstalling the game again... :D

Good man scrapper. It'll prob end up a shouting match, but sure thats part and parcel, though I will do my utmost to make sure that doesnt happen.

I'd suggest a round robin affair, each team play all the others, at a time that suits each team until all games are played. Then the top two teams square off etc.

I'd love to see :

1st-IB
    NRG
    IrishBF2
    GFF
    ASCII?
    Irish E-Sports
    Boards.ie
    tig.bf2

It wouldnt take a whole lot of organisation, I'll provide servers etc. It would be really cool if we could organise a prize of some sort.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sgtdiesalot

how about a few conquest rounds in the mix aswell

Maybe if we have enough interested. Thinking inf as its easier to field a team for.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I can manage another boards.ie team like last time though to be honest, besides the 3 more-or-less active clans, I can't see any more than 6 players joining up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I would be up for that anyway "IF" we need an extra player I think we should get around 5 from tig

this is daz btw

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

id say that the few nrg lads that are still about would make for maybe a 5 or 4 man team at most, if all goes south im sure we can mix it up with the boardsies :D

EDIT: Downloading 1.41 patch as I type, also im hoping i can remember my login

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Would be up for the laugh :D

God damn i suck at this game :D Played for one round of sharqi and got my ass handed to me, anyone still running a server that we could all play on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

No 2142 comp? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Not 100% sure if we could play in this. We play like 4-5 matches a week these days between 2142, BF2 and Css. Our match server switches between the 3 games so it would be hard for us to play. We have a match set up every Sunday for like the next 6 weeks, Sat we probabally could do but thats not a good night for most.

All that said Im not saying no to this as it is a good idea and the last one one was good, just will be hard for us to commit to anything right now. Lets just say were intrested all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

Im sure we can play it,
    If we were able to play each fixture with in that week.
    ie: the sunday game on mon or tues or what ever.

And il be able to tea bag fairy again.

Whats up 1st-ib lads? :D Well weekends would be out of the question for me anywho, as im working every saturday and sunday. :D

Looking forward to the teabag [borat] NAwwwwt [/borat].

If this goes ahead I will sort out passworded servers etc as needed. These comps also allow the non clanned Irish players to see that there are clans out there etc.

Still waiting to see if other irish clans are interested, as most dont have IRC channels etc we'll have to wait till the happen along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

how many teams per clan???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Suppose it would depend on how many players you could guarantee come each week :rolleyes: then u have ur subs as well.

I think best to stick to one per clan, the last time we all stretched too far re teams from clans. One clan per team, however players can change as long as they are in the clan etc.

• Advertisement

I think best to stick to one per clan, the last time we all stretched too far re teams from clans. One clan per team, however players can change as long as they are in the clan etc.

Best way to have it... :D

Last time remember everything started out well, with several teams per clan and even 2 from Boards.ie

Then certain clans had a little falling out over where and when a match was to be played and that was the end of it.

What I prefered back then and would prefer now is to get as many people as possible and put them all on the server at once. It should be possible to have 2 sides, each made up of 3 "clans" and we play against each other for plain 'ol fun. IMHO 1 year later there aren't so many playing as before and it's going to be even more difficult to get enough players to make it worth while.

Aye that could be fun Ponster. I can sort a locked 48/64 player server, with a selection of maps. Ask people to join 15 mins before game is to start, have them join the right side and then off we go.

Just need 2 team speak servers, again not a problem. I'm happy to organise this if people have an idea on a suitable date?

At least try one of these type of matches first ust to see how many people turn up?

I've said this a million times before but the best place I've played BF2 was on the TacticalGamer servers, 30 on each side made up of 6 squads on each team.
    The commander did his job, talking to each squad leader and every leader knew his squads role in the game. Everyone was in a squad and everyone was using VoIP. The best thing was that when teams defend flags it changes the entire game yet isn't something that I ever see in a public server.

So who has an actual server that we could lock up for a couple of hours with slots for 48 or so players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Boards.ie Bravo team where declared winners so it worked out when the bitchfest started.

I play for boards, can beat a clan again and go on about it for years afterwards.

kdjac

LOL I seen you on our server one night and pwn'd you about 8/9 times in a row forcing you to leave :D

I can sort out a locked server for any night its needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

LOL I seen you on our server one night and pwn'd you about 8/9 times in a row forcing you to leave :D

I can sort out a locked server for any night its needed.

Doubt i stayed on a gaming365 server long enough to be killed 9 times, let alone by your gramps.

:)

kdjac

Oh you did, and yer ping was fine, the server wasnt laggy, but yer game play was. Get a boards.ie team in sure and we can see then.

Fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Only game installed on my rig, and still playing it regularly (usually on DE servers, or UK jolt servers for good pings when NTL is all over).

I'll put up my hand and own up - I didn't used to be the most regular/reliable of team'd Boardsies, bu then that's middle age, babies and work for ye :o

I've got a wife-&-baby-free three weeks coming up, so two weekends (24/25, 31/1) where I can garantee (for a change ;) ) presence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Still waiting to see if other irish clans are interested, as most dont have IRC channels etc we'll have to wait till the happen along.

We have an IRC channell but we dont use it it was only set up as a requirement for getting into ED really.

Advertisement