Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting rid of fill from site clearance

Options
  • 23-02-2007 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I have been quoted 100E a load to get rid of the amount of dirt that came out for the founds...I estimate I have about 30ish loads..:eek:
    Is this the going rate??

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

not sure about what's the going rate...

but I would advise you to ask or advertise locally, offering your fill to take away for free as alot of people building houses need it, and you would be rid of it for zilch;)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mrs aol

We paid 5700euros to remove ours, it took 2 days with 2 trucks and a tractor and trailer. Sory don't know how much that was per load. it was the size of a small monuntain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

artieanna wrote:
    not sure about what's the going rate...

but I would advise you to ask or advertise locally, offering your fill to take away for free as alot of people building houses need it, and you would be rid of it for zilch;)
    Some counties you are not allowed to move soil from one area to another without a permit.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

amazing how much subsoil seems to expand when you take it out of the ground - we had about 80 four axle lorryloads

following negotiation (and a check that it wasn't too rocky) we gave it to the Council who were capping over a remediated landfill, there are fewer and fewer places where it can be legally disposed of these days. we also made sure we got a disposal cert. to prove we hadn't just dumped it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

JamesM wrote:
    Some counties you are not allowed to move soil from one area to another without a permit.
    Jim.

Didn't know that:o
    You need a permit for nearly everything nowadays:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement