Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ages of some wrestlers

• 23-02-2007 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

I was flicking past sky sports 3 last night (raw was on) they were showing a match ( from the vault), i think it was in the year 2001, anyway i noticed lilian garcia still looked the same as she does today and i said to myself i have to check her age out. so one wwe superstar lead to another and another and another.
    Edge and christan are not real life brothers. here are the ages of some wwe people, past and present.

cena=29, umaga=33, lilian garcia=33, melina= 27, shawn=41, candice=28, eugene=31, nitro=27, jeff hardy=29, coach=33, mickie james=27, triple h=37, khali=34, edge=33, christan cage=33, trish stratus=31.

Batista=38, chris benoit=39, davari=22, finlay=48, helms=32, wang yang=25, king booker=42 next wwek. kane=39, kristal=23, matt hardy=32, mc cool=27, undertaker=41, RVD=36, kurt angle=37, stone cold=42.

I expected triple h to be older and trish stratus, davari too.
    I expected mickie james to be younger

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Mickie James has been around for years, she was on some of TNA's first few shows 5 years ago. Finlay's the only one I think would really surprise people if they didn't know how old he is, and maybe Kenny, who is 21 next month I think I heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's surprising that Davari is so young. I thought Umaga would be older too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Im surprised Cena and Helms are 29 and 32 respectively, I thought they would have been younger.
    Undertaker and Kane are not real life brothers either :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0130587/

according to this Undertaker is older than 41

According to this, he's not. 3 years in the difference, who knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Undertaker will be 45 next month according to OWW. Finlay is kinda surprising alright, wouldn't take him to be 48.

Remember hearing before that when Daivari started wrestling his father didn't want him doing so and offered him a car (i think) not to wrestle but he decided to keep wrestling and he has been wrestling since 2000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Finlay is 48?
    He's in some shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Undertaker will be 45 next month

He's been moving around the ring like he's 25 lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

[QUOTE=triple h
    Edge and christan are not real life brothers[/B].
    [/QUOTE]

they're not!?!?!?!
    next you'll be telling me the undertaker isnt really dead,roddy piper is actually scottish,elvis really did steal his songs from the honky tonk man and umaga cant speak english!

Terry wrote:
    Finlay is 48?
    He's in some shape.

Especially considering the leg injury he's had. It's mad really, my grandad would've watched Finlay on World of Sport before I was born!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

He's been moving around the ring like he's 25 lately.

I agree, Taker is in great shape for someone of his age, hopefully he'll stay around another 3-4 years!

Also, i'm very surprised at Davari's age, are you sure thats correct? Someone said that his dad offered him a car to stop wrestling in 2000, that would have made him 15 and don't ya have to be 16(?) to drive in the US?

Minto wrote:

Also, i'm very surprised at Davari's age, are you sure thats correct? Someone said that his dad offered him a car to stop wrestling in 2000, that would have made him 15 and don't ya have to be 16(?) to drive in the US?

Yes, that is Daivari's age. Well I'm sure it was when he started wrestling in TNA and ROH, which was '03/'04, that his father gave him the decision.

Also just checked and Sting will be the same age as Finlay next month!

Now that's surprising! I knew Finlay was older from World of Sport but Sting does not look like he's in his late 40's, he's in great shape, as are all the rest of them.

Yes, that is Daivari's age. Well I'm sure it was when he started wrestling in TNA and ROH, which was '03/'04, that his father gave him the decision.

I was thinking 2000 sounded a bit far-fetched. Sting is in great shape and looks about 40, max.

It's mad alright with Sting, i've seen photos of him where he looks much older than he does now! Amazing what some hair dye can do for you!

Here's some of the photos I mentioned: http://www.tnaheadlines.com/specials...hp?gal=6&pic=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

What about Hogan, Flair and McMahon...all in their 50s and still in great(ish) shape. Anyone know who is today's oldest wrestler ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

In televised wrestling, it has to be Flair, but I'm sure there are older guys on the indies.
    And then you have Mae Young and the fabulous moolah, both 83 years old.

Gypsy Joe is the oldest active wrestler in the world, at 73. Anyone who saw the "101 Reasons Not to be a Pro-Wrestler" documentary would remember him as the guy that New Jack assaulted

Big Tone wrote:
    What about Hogan, Flair and McMahon...all in their 50s and still in great(ish) shape. Anyone know who is today's oldest wrestler ?

Hogan is 54 in August, Flair is 58 today! Vince will be 62 in August

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

To be honest I would thought that Umaga would have been somewhere around the 25 mark. He kinda has a babyface under all that tribal lark on him.

Kristal only 23?! Ill be 22 in April myself. I have a chance lads!

Speaking of wrestlers ages, I thought it would be interesting to see how old some of the you guys are. I'm 21.

• Advertisement

Kristal only 23?! Ill be 22 in April myself. I have a chance lads!

I was 22 last week and I still wouldn't have a chance!

I was 22 last week and I still wouldn't have a chance!

lol, aw poor Vince!
    Speaking of wrestlers ages, I thought it would be interesting to see how old some of the you guys are. I'm 21.

Well I'm 19....20 in May

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Fozzy wrote:
    Gypsy Joe is the oldest active wrestler in the world, at 73. Anyone who saw the "101 Reasons Not to be a Pro-Wrestler" documentary would remember him as the guy that New Jack assaulted

That was bad. New Jack beating the crap outa an old man cause he wouldn't take his hits. here the link if anyone feels like watching it.

I was 22 last month and she would probably powerbomb me if i said hello.

I'm 21 and three eigths. Chattin up Kristal would put you to sleep. She pauses for ages in between sentences! Notice it at No Way Out? They ended up putting the matches on during her pauses, they were so long!

Im 23 in June. I guess we're that 18-24 demographic WWE craves.
    As for Kristal, at No Way Out all her interviews were the exact same, same intro, same 3 second pause and same retarded question. The worst thing I've seen from her was this week on SD interviewing Vicky Guerrero, that hug made me puke in my mouth a little. This having been said, I still would ;)

Krystal is apparently dating Matt Stryker at the moment.

It's Striker! Matt Stryker is a completely different guy, http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/m/matt-stryker.html You'd wonder why they'd have such similar names

Fozzy wrote:
    It's Striker! Matt Stryker is a completely different guy, http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/m/matt-stryker.html You'd wonder why they'd have such similar names

Oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Matt Striker?! Now theres an odd couple. I remember JBL mentioning something during commentary on SD that he had kicked striker out of the dressing room. I knew there had to be some legitimacy to it because both Cole and JBL did that genuine laugh they only do once every so often. I was just wondering, is Matt Striker not really liked by some of the 'boys' in WWE?

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:

You had to bring up that guy didn't ya! lol I hate that guy, he was the boring part of the ROH midcard in 2003, and with the likes of Chad Collyer, John Walters and Trent Acid, that's saying alot!

Matt Striker?! Now theres an odd couple. I remember JBL mentioning something during commentary on SD that he had kicked striker out of the dressing room. I knew there had to be some legitimacy to it because both Cole and JBL did that genuine laugh they only do once every so often. I was just wondering, is Matt Striker not really liked by some of the 'boys' in WWE?

There were a lot of reports coming out after he wrestled a dark match at SD when he was a Raw wrestler at the time. It must have been back around October of 2005. Apparently Eddie found him to be disrespectful when he was talking to him, and when Benoit heard about it he threw Striker's bags out of the dressingroom. A lot of reports were saying that he was saying to the SD guys that Raw was much better, and JBL didn't take too kindly to it

I saw a bit of Striker before he joined WWE, and I was very impressed by him. I think it was on NWA Cyberspace's internet show. The fans were all over Striker, he was really good at drawing heat. I don't think he's done as good as he could in WWE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

i turned 19 in december...thought that a few of you guys(vince,fozzy etc) would have been a bit younger

fatal wrote:
    i turned 19 in december...thought that a few of you guys(vince,fozzy etc) would have been a bit younger

Nope at 22, I'm an elder.

Haha, I'm still like a kid when it comes to wrestling sometimes though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

The man is going to give-out to us, we are off the topic. I beat Gypsy joe, i am 74 and i am a wrestler. In the convent us nuns have a wrestling ring. After a hard day of praying (god its so boring) one has to let some steam off. All the nuns do it. The numbers have gone down a bit over the years so the priests use the ring too. Its great fun when its mixed tag team matches. We love to bang each other WITH CHAIRS and pound one another WITH STICKS.

Ah, i am only messing, i am 37 years of age . I am not even Irish. I live in Greenwich Connecticut and i am a wrestler. I am out of action at the moment, an old war injury kicking up. Gulf war or was it raw is war.

I am on my way to san jose wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wow ow

• Advertisement

triple h wrote:
    An old war injury kicking up. Gulf war or was it raw is war.

LOL!

That made me laugh, very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

23 last May. Am I the oldest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Nah im a grandad compared to ye lot 27 & ive just ordered the DX football jersey on the next, so if you see someone in dublin in freezing weather wearing DX shirt, ya know its me!!

Advertisement