Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maradona

• 23-02-2007 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

anyone see the diego vids on youtube...unreal. the keepy up when he was with napoli. would love to see that guy on a chat show!

total legend anyone who thinks otherwise needs a MRI scan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fob752oSNtU

I love that. :D Probably out of his head on coke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

eirebhoy wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fob752oSNtU

I love that. :D Probably out of his head on coke.

Yea thats it, :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

so your saying diegos amazing skill and unbelievable low centre of gravity are a side effect of cocaine abuse.?:rolleyes:

sure, he had issues but he did well to get out of them and he's doing well for himself now. i dont think any player has seen the highs and lows as much as maradona.

legend .............:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

In fairness, he had problems after showing his brilliance on the pitch. Went a bit mental toward the end of his career but undoubtedly one of the greatest footballers ever.

Well he might a bit of the pace of modern legends such as Nakamura but in my opinion he is probably in the top three or five best players of all time, he is Rooney, Beckham, Raul etc all wraped up in one (talent added with media pressure) with the added factor of being alot better, such an amazing life from such a young age.
    He has scored the best goal ever without a doubt in my mind and guided Napoli to legendry success.
    He has been used by people around him all hes life and made a scapegoat at the World Cup in the US, granted he had problems before and after but was il treated for that tournament in my opinion.
    People that concentrate on the off field events should try and concentrate more on what he did on the field.

• Advertisement

Yea thats it, :rolleyes:
    Am I missing something? :confused:
    so your saying diegos amazing skill and unbelievable low centre of gravity are a side effect of cocaine abuse.?:rolleyes:
    Eh? I had to check the video again to see if I posted the correct one. The dancing around like a headcase may be a side effect of cocaine. He took cocaine before a lot of his matches which is public knowledge.

What's all these rolleye's about? Am I missing something?

eirebhoy wrote:
    Am I missing something? :confused:

Eh? I had to check the video again to see if I posted the correct one. The dancing around like a headcase may be a side effect of cocaine. He took cocaine before a lot of his matches which is public knowledge.

What's all these rolleye's about? Am I missing something?

Oh my god, I cant believe you are actually serious, missing the point is an understatement, you must be missing something upstairs.
    I have read a couple of books and alot on the net about him and for you to imply that he was on coke there is just rediculous.

Side effect of cocaine ??? thats just laughable, you dont have a clue !
    I wont pretend to know everything about him but i know he is a flamboyant character and crowd pleaser, might explain your "headcase" comment

Would you ever bloody relax.

"The problem is that Diego started on cocaine at Barcelona before he came to Napoli, and we at Napoli only realized this too late in the day," said the Juventus defender, Ciro Ferrara

He left Barca and Napoli because of Cocaine addiction.
    I wont pretend to know everything about him but i know he is a flamboyant character and crowd pleaser
    And he probably had a few snorts of cocaine before the game. Who knows? He was addicted to coke. When you're addicted to coke and haven't had it for a period of time I seriously doubt you'd be in the bloody mood for dancing around a football pitch.

Get a grip ffs. Enjoy the weekend.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Would you ever bloody relax.

"The problem is that Diego started on cocaine at Barcelona before he came to Napoli, and we at Napoli only realized this too late in the day," said the Juventus defender, Ciro Ferrara

He left Barca and Napoli because of Cocaine addiction.

And he probably had a few snorts of cocaine before the game. Who knows? He was addicted to coke. When you're addicted to coke and haven't had it for a period of time I seriously doubt you'd be in the bloody mood for dancing around a football pitch.

Get a grip ffs.

He left Napoli for alot more reasons than Cocaine, thats just a fact.

Exactly, "WHO KNOWS", so dont pretend that you do.

I think you are under the impression that from the time he dabbled in Coke at Barca to hes time at Napoli, he was a full blown coke addict, must be some player to help Napoli win trophies while taking coke all day....

I think you lack both a footballing knowledge and knowledge on cocaine so we will just leave the topic rest.

Diego Armando Maradona - Genius !

Stop trying to take jabs at me and at least share a bit of your knowledge.

1. What are the reasons he left Napoli?
    2. Did he take drugs before games?
    3. How much of an addict was he if he wasn't a "full blown" addict?

Now you seem to know more about cocaine than me so at least share your knowledge and teach me something. I know that if a smoker hadn't had a smoke all day he wouldn't be in the mood for dancing around a football pitch. If Maradona was perfectly happy without cocaine in his system then I've been taken in by the media telling me he was an addict.

I can only assume you have a reason to take this personally or your just argumentative. Anyway, I'd seriously appreciate if you would answer those questions without abusing me.

btw - That "dont pretend that you do" comment annoyed me, maybe it was meant to. I didn't pretend to know anything. Everything I claimed to "know" is from what I read, the same as you. I'd honestly like you to spread your knowledge though.

• Advertisement

1. He left Napoli for many reasons, money problems, family problems, fan problems, hanging around with the wrong crowd (mafia) and of course drug problems but drugs is onlythe tip of the iceberg.
    He was an emotional wreck, the lifestlye he was leading off the pitch and the people he was leading it with was a major factor, it was not just drugs, he could not understand why some fans didn't worship him the way he expected to be worshiped.
    Napoli was no longer a safe place for him to be and some of hes womanising was catching up with him, he was no longer protected from the media and hes life was under scrutiny.
    There are tons of reasons but drugs cannot be singled out as why he left, he is a very complex character.

2. I honestly dont think he took drugs in the manner in which you think he did, yes he was a drug user but not a performance enhancing drug user.

3. Alot of the time at Napoli he was on top form and went through many long long periods in great condition without being on coke, he may still of been an addict but I know he battled with all hes problems and produced the goods.

I can only speak from personal experience about coke but i know i would not be able to sustain any consistency on a pitch if i was taking it nor would it make sense for me to take some before a match, it would make me play alot worse.
    The whole USA thing had nothing to do with coke, he was made a scapegoat by officials and media

We should not try and judge Maradonas life, what he did on the pitch speaks for itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

i think eirebhoy is missing a few things here.

for one the drugs maradona took , namely cocaine did fcuk all to his performances on the pitch. he acknowledged that in his autobiography, page 73/74.....

diego said its no good for football and no use either.....

i mean in total fairness theres no way in the world he could have done all that stuff in the 80s, when he was unstoppable if he was caked out of his head on drugs. either that or he was inhuman.!

he should be respected as the greatest player in his generation. because no player since has shown ability like he has. great players since maradona, like baggio, and ronaldinho have to beeen found wanting when it comes to the crunch.
    maradona walked all over opposition on the worlds greatest stage,...several times:D

for one the drugs maradona took , namely cocaine did fcuk all to his performances on the pitch.
    I never mentioned performance enhancing anything. You 2 seem to think I'm against Maradona, I think he cheated or whatever. I think the guy's an absolute legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

OH FFS people anyone could see eirebhoy was saying his dancing without the ball looked like he high on coke and making a tit out of himself, he never said it improved his ability.

Jesus some people need to relax. eirebhoy I get what you were saying, even if others don't !

Advertisement