Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Accident Repair

Options
  • 23-02-2007 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

I had an accident two weeks ago just my car damaged skidded in snow and hit the curb. On the near side front of the car. Just the wheel hit the curb no body damage involved. Car was taken to a Ford main dealer for repair. A few days after got a call from the garage with price to fix, Replace the wheel and tire and part of the suspension, hire car, tow and storage of the car. This came to nearly E1000. So having fully comprehensive insurance and hardly any NCB to louse I thought it would be best to get insurance to pay. The Insurance Company were contacted and said they would cover the cost.

Today my car was fixed so I went to collect it. I asked the garage what was the final bill and they sad that they had not added it all up yet but it would be well over E2000. I thought what the F. But then when they took me out to see the car. They had replaced the near side front wing very badly I’ve never seen anything like it. Also they had put 4 new budget tires on the car and I had Six month old Michelin tires on it. All along the repaired side of the car are splashes of pant gone hard and all bumpy. Also witch I cant work out at all the drives door does nit fit properly. There are gaps on the inside and out and it is stiff to open and close. I asked them what was going on with the car. They said not to worry that the insurance company was paying and that I got ‘extras’ that the insurance company will be paying for. When I asked them about the door and splashes of paint and the wing they said that’s the best they could get it after the accident. The door and wing and paintwork were perfect when I left the car in but they are saying that they weren’t. IM so p’ed off. The car is an ’05 focus by the way.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

ask your insuranse company to check everything, well they are paying for it, but then anyone who loses their no claims bonus over a grand wellllllllllllll

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

kilasser wrote:
    When I asked them about the door and splashes of paint and the wing they said that’s the best they could get it after the accident.

"The best they could get it"

!

Are you sure you are not dealing with Fr. Ted and a certain blue Rover 214?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Did that happen in U.K. or Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 grk_car

Bright suggestion; check out right away your car insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

If you aren't satisfied with the work done, inform your insurance company immediately. They will send an assessor out to inspect the car as they're paying for the work (although you'll be paying for it for a lot longer now!). If they're not satisfied, they may well send the car to one of their preferred repair shops.

• Advertisement
Advertisement