Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uploads....

Options
  • 23-02-2007 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know is there a way to use torrents without throttling your upload limit? as my upload limit is 2gb per month it's nearly up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no as limiting your upload to torrents defeats the whole purpose of why torrents were set up in the first place.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The idea with torrents is to share your ratio and ideally if your dxownload 300MB for example then you should also upload 300MB so that you'd have a 1:1 ratio.

However in saying that, you can certainly limit your upload but this will affect how long it takes you to download the file, for example with a upload of 20k/sec it might take you 1hr to download but if you limited your upload to 1k/sec it might take 5hours.

Plus depending on where you downloading from, if you don't seed enough it could get you banned for having a crap ratio :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Thanks for the info.. I might just have to pay the extra 5.00 per month and go unlimited so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Hi does anyone know is there a way to use torrents without throttling your upload limit? as my upload limit is 2gb per month it's nearly up?
    Torrents do allow for just leeching, but the protocol is designed to make sure that everyone who's contributing will get priority over you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You should throttle your download and upload. Anyway when will you get the time to install/watch/listen it all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

watty wrote:
    You should throttle your download and upload. Anyway when will you get the time to install/watch/listen it all?

yeh i think i was wrong, i just download cds and not loads to be honest, just for my 2 hour daily commute to keep me sain.

Advertisement