Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFA Broadband or lack of broadband

Options
  • 23-02-2007 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

First of all I'm living in Derrinturn, Carbury, Kildare. (approx 100m from main road next to the new Garda Station, without trees, hills or large buildings around my house).

That out of the way, has anyone had any good responses from these.

I applied to IFA (based in Bluebell, Dublin) last June/July 2006 and hadn't heard anything for ages, I rang them in October and they said that a mast or transmitter was being setup in the Carbury/Derrinturn Area, around Jan 2007. The other day I received a letter saying they were at the house and performed a line of sight test, which sounded weird as there is someone at home 90+ % of the time, and never saw/heard them. The letter stated that there was something blocking the signal going to the house, while I look out the front, rear and side windows and see nothing high in the way.

The updated site shows my area and surrounding areas in the list for live broadband, so unless the mast is 500 miles away there obvously taking the p!ss.

So to finish off, I'm just checking to see if anyone in my or nearby areas has this, before I ring and make a clown of myself, giving out.

Advertisement