Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crash > insurance question

Options
  • 23-02-2007 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭

No one injured.

The lass crashed into a car today. Very minor paint work damage (no dent)BUT was an 07 on week old!

Owner says she doesnt want to claim off insurance but that little paint job might turn into a major expense if the person gets greedy.

Do we have to let the insurance company know of a possible claim within 24 hours? Or just wait and see what the quote is and decide then if insurance or cash.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would inform your insurance company of the incident even if you plan to pay the damage yourself. The other person could wake up tomorrow morning and have another look at their damaged 07 car and have a rethink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭worded

I have a feeling that is whats going to happen and I dont want the insurance co saying - you didnt tell us within X days so we wont pay ..........

Of all cars to hit an 07 one week old. . . . . .

Anyway that will teach the lass for tail gaiting.

Better a little lesson at low speed.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Notify your insurance of the event as what may initially seem insignificant can turn out to be much worse. I got rear ended last week. The damage to my car isn't too bad visually but a provisional (dealer) estimate is 2.5k!

Was the other party possibly partly at fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭worded

Well I dont see how really.

Theres only two occasions when its no fault to hit the back of a car.

1 - If it rolls back at you on a hill
    2 - If it reverses at you.

It was on the level.

I really cant how the lass could be anything but 100% wrong.

I think as it is 1 week old the woman is going to take her to the cleaners.
    Miss 07 said she said she knew it was going happen ....... but not so soon

Advertisement