Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prem Weekend Matches

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

spurs 3 up:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

saw the 2nd and 3rd.
    2 great goals on the counter attack.

much as jenas is maligned from some quarters, since he has been back in the squad, we have been a whole lot different. such a great engine.

by the way, anyone have a link for the spurs game in english?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

by the way, anyone have a link for the spurs game in english?

Struggling to find anything that's bloody working...:mad:

The BBC's radio commentary is broadcasting some meaningless cup game from wales...I think Portshbhavdbckxganndodo are 1-1 with claniiielelosusjddnenllllaallaiii.

poor robbie off for chesting the ball
    bolton score peno
    3-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

poor robbie off for chesting the ball
    bolton score peno
    3-1
    ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

county wrote:
    ?
    Judging from the fact that Bolton got a peno, I assume Keane got sent off for handling off the line. (Or chesting!)

yep. came down on chest, and then rebounded onto hand.

never a penalty. robbie was on back post

bolton certainly on the up at the moment. just hope we dont conceed before half time

county wrote:
    ?

Keane sent off for handball, ain't seen it so can't comment.

Eamo, try Sopcast link: sop://211.152.34.35:3912/11266

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Guandong working for me with Spurs game ppstream link.

kdjac

Spurs were brilliant today, simply brilliant. Best performance of the season, and I reckon our 2nd half was better than our 1st!

Berbatov is out of this world, Zokora starting to show what he's capable of.

Can't believe I've missed out last 3 games and we've scored 10 goals in the 3. Think I might be a Jonah...:(

just give me your season ticket, that way you cant jinx us any further :)

great game. supurb play

big sam very very very commending towards the way we played.

good rusult with newcaslt and portsmouth losing as well, and reading losing yesterday.
    roll on wham next week.

shame about the end of the carling cup.
    i believe JT swlooed his toungue and was saved by the arsenal physio who was on the pitch at the time.
    i hear the first half was brilliant. although, happy to see chelsea win tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Blackburn cruise to a 3 nil win over Pompey without even playing McCarthy or Nelsen as well as the other injuries we have.

Come next season I feel Hughes will definitely have moulded Blackburn into one of the best squads (not teams) outside the top four.

the problem is living up to it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You should know what that is like anyway ;) ye can comfort each other.

• Advertisement

Haha, well said Jesus.

I think WWM should realise that two good results in a row aren't going to turn around Tottenham's poor season considering the money they've spent. They haven't been particularly hit by injuries either, given the size of their squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think WWM should realise that two good results in a row aren't going to turn around Tottenham's poor season considering the money they've spent.

What and Blackburns win over Portsmouth is going to turn around their season? Sure it was only a month ago ya lost to Watford. Blackburn have done nothing to really suggest they will be any better than Newcastle/Spurs/Everton/Portsmouth next season, let alone Bolton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You're like the guy at the party that goes into detail explaining the joke! The art of subtlety has been long lost from the "soccer" forum.

PHB wrote:
    What and Blackburns win over Portsmouth is going to turn around their season? Sure it was only a month ago ya lost to Watford. Blackburn have done nothing to really suggest they will be any better than Newcastle/Spurs/Everton/Portsmouth next season, let alone Bolton

Never said it was going to be. Could be the start though.

I'd think that tenth in the league, still in the FA Cup (although that may change later tonight) and just out of the UEFA Cup is a pretty good season considering the injuries Blackburn have had to put up with. It took the League Cup Champions to put Rovers out of that too.

For example, take Carrick and Scholes out of United's team, along with Ferdinand for the first half of the season and Vidic for the second. That's the positions Blackburn have been missing vital players in.

Wherever Blackburn finish, I'll be proud of the season they've had considering the small squad that started the season and how sides crammed with substitutes earned a 4-1 win at Everton and a 0-0 draw with Arsenal.

They certainly haven't had the luxury of the money, or squad size, that Spurs have, yet are just two points behind them in the League.

Lemlin wrote:
    Never said it was going to be. Could be the start though.

I'd think that tenth in the league, still in the FA Cup (although that may change later tonight) and just out of the UEFA Cup is a pretty good season considering the injuries Blackburn have had to put up with. It took the League Cup Champions to put Rovers out of that too.

For example, take Carrick and Scholes out of United's team, along with Ferdinand for the first half of the season and Vidic for the second. That's the positions Blackburn have been missing vital players in.

Wherever Blackburn finish, I'll be proud of the season they've had considering the small squad that started the season and how sides crammed with substitutes earned a 4-1 win at Everton and a 0-0 draw with Arsenal.

They certainly haven't had the luxury of the money, or squad size, that Spurs have, yet are just two points behind them in the League.

poor plucky blackburn and their small squad.

you know, if you dont have a board that are building for the future and have made wise investments, thats hardly the fault of another team.

theres plenty of teams that are smaller than blackburn in the premiership. some of them are doing better than you.

if comparing yourself to spurs is the best you can do, then youre sadly mistaken as to what the aim of being in the premiership is.

still, if it makes you feel better, you go for it.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote:
    Haha, well said Jesus.

I think WWM should realise that two good results in a row aren't going to turn around Tottenham's poor season considering the money they've spent. They haven't been particularly hit by injuries either, given the size of their squad.

by the way, youre right. weve had a poor season.

were still above you though, and as you said, this is a great season for you.

it must make you feel good to aim so high?

lol

poor plucky blackburn and their small squad.

you know, if you dont have a board that are building for the future and have made wise investments, thats hardly the fault of another team.

theres plenty of teams that are smaller than blackburn in the premiership. some of them are doing better than you.

if comparing yourself to spurs is the best you can do, then youre sadly mistaken as to what the aim of being in the premiership is.

still, if it makes you feel better, you go for it.

by the way, youre right. weve had a poor season.

were still above you though, and as you said, this is a great season for you.

it must make you feel good to aim so high?

lol

I said pretty good. At no stage did I say great.

Blackburn do have a board who spend very wisely and, look at the players the team buy, most are for the future and the coming seasons. Most aren't sold on to Portsmouth after a season either ;)

What teams are smaller than Blackburn and doing better? About one I think you'll find: Reading. Do you even have any idea how small a club Blackburn are?

Never said Spurs were the be all and end all or that Blackburn should aim towards them, I was simply highlighting the poor season they've had. For example, Jol linked with Chelsea, don't make me laugh. For the money that's been spent on that side, they've hugely underachieved. And the excuse of building a team for the future isn't going to wash much longer. Jol has spent tens of millions and even admitted himself that he doesn't feel comfortable rotating players in his squad after performances in the Cup.

As for recent success, have a look at who won the Premiership in '95 or, if you'd prefer, who Blackburn won their last cup against ;)

Maybe that'll make you feel better.

i think i pointed out your recent successes, but well done on reiterating the point that you recently won something, but now you celebrate a season of mediocrity.

and i fail to see how any blackburn fan could be whinging about money that other clubs have after the amounts opf money that jack walker ploughed in to the club, but hey, you appear to just attack any poster that dare say a word about blackburn. i guess this is just another one of those reponses of yours.

i think i pointed out your recent successes, but well done on reiterating the point that you recently won something, but now you celebrate a season of mediocrity.

and i fail to see how any blackburn fan could be whinging about money that other clubs have after the amounts opf money that jack walker ploughed in to the club, but hey, you appear to just attack any poster that dare say a word about blackburn. i guess this is just another one of those reponses of yours.

Season of mediocrity? That remains to be seen. Success also varies depending on the club. What is mediocre for one could be fantastic for another. Would you call Reading's season mediocre? I wouldn't call Blackburn's season mediocre considering the injuries the squad has had the players that have been brought in. As I spelled out above.

I'm not whingeing about the money Spurs have. I am however whingeing about how they've failed to use that money. Jack Walker did plough millions into Blackburn. It lead to a Premiership victory in 1995. What has Spurs spending lead to? A season of mediocrity as you call it.

I don't attack any poster who talks about Blackburn. Not those who speak the truth anyway, I may attack those who spout crap like yourself.

You were the one who questioned my comments on Blackburn. A team who just beat Spurs' local rivals in the FA Cup. Now, who was it who hockeyed Spurs over two legs in the other cup? ;)

Lemlin wrote:
    Season of mediocrity? That remains to be seen. Success also varies depending on the club. What is mediocre for one could be fantastic for another. Would you call Reading's season mediocre? I wouldn't call Blackburn's season mediocre considering the injuries the squad has had the players that have been brought in. As I spelled out above.

hey, if youre happy with that, then im fine with it. your completely free to be happy with mid table mediocraty if you wish.
    Lemlin wrote:
    I don't attack any poster who talks about Blackburn. Not those who speak the truth anyway, I may attack those who spout crap like yourself.

of course. and you are an enlightened font of unbiased knowledge on football.
    Lemlin wrote:
    You were the one who questioned my comments on Blackburn. A team who just beat Spurs' local rivals in the FA Cup. Now, who was it who hockeyed Spurs over two legs in the other cup? ;)

i didnt question your comments on blackburn, you made a comment about having one of the best teams outside the top 4. i simply made a humourous remark stating that living up to it is another thing, considering the season that spurs have had. but ohhhhh no, thats an insult to you. you must have missed the little smilie or something.

and i didnt see spurs get hockied over 2 legs. i saw us give away a 2 goal lead in one match, which is not being hockied, and losing 3-1 in extra time.

which is funnily enough the same score we beat leverkusan by in germany.

you seem to be up on your recent footballing stats and like comparing scores, tell me, did you get passed laverkusan recently?

but well done on getting passed arsenal. personally, i dont see us getting passed chelsea, and i would have preferred chelsea, arsenal or utd to be battling out the final and giving that extra european spot to the league. i guess i will have to actively support chelsea and utd to get to the final now.

Advertisement