Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Basic 6 help

Options
  • 24-02-2007 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I am a final year Mechanical Engineering student and I am attempting to develop a computer programme as part of my dissertation.
    I have chosen to use Visual Basic as the programme bulider because I have a small amount of experience with it. I also like the ease in which a good looking user interface can be created.

Unfortunately as a mechanical engineering student I have limited programming ability and I literally have 2 months to develop this programme :eek: . The programme its-self will be based on a wide range of mathematical equations and formula. I will be making use of (apart from the normal stuff) arrays, If Then Elseif statments, loops. Thats all I can think of so far.
    I have been looking for books on Visual Basic relating specifically to engineering and mathematical applications but I have had no luck.

I would appreciate any help in relation to sourcing appropriate reading materials and/or ebooks or tutorials.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

On the contrary as a mechanical engineering student you have an understanding of some of the most important principles of programming: testing, making complex systems from simple components, the importance of design etc.

I recommend some VB forums e.g. VBForums and The Code project for specific questions and a book like Programming Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 for the general how-tos..

Advertisement