Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldinho

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No wonder he couldnt get out of Steve Finnans pocket, he was jammed in there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

sizeable difference.

also, look at the posture, it's completely different. not near as self assured as it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

feck that i look fitter than him! what a waste of talent! hope he gets his act together!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

my god he really does look a bit tubby! Following in Ronaldo's footsteps a bit too much perhaps..

In all seriousness though did anyone hear Cascarino on Matt Cooper tonight? Was saying he used to watch all PSG's home games and that Ronaldinho was much like he is now, then. Petulant, loved his nights out, wasn't much of a trainer and didnt really give off the good vibrations he can when hes on form. As much as we in this country (and them next door as well) all love to revel in peoples downfalls, i'd really love to see the return of the dancing, smiling, happy, dominating, "world player of the year" styled Ronaldinho pretty soon. Its a lot more entertaining!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

yeah id like him back to his best too!!! just right after the return leg at anfield!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not till after March 6th!

Pah beaten to it! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

wanabe wrote:
    yeah id like him back to his best too!!! just right after the return leg at anfield!!

hehe yeah of course. lets schedule his new training regime for Monday the 12th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

wanabe wrote:

Lol...Im sure he aint gonna lose that basket too quickly. He must have been hanging around with Ronaldo the whole time before he was shipped off to Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

":eek:" just doesnt quite do it...
    Shocking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

What is this Heat magazine or something?! :P

Must have taken a page out of Ronaldo's cooking book- Bazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

mike65 wrote:

He's neither old nor fat.

The difference in the two pics though shows why he's been off form for the last 1 - 1 and half yrs. Too much of the good life...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Rijkaard blaming it on a trick of light. He's been taking classes from Wenger.

Henry is looking marginally 'heavy' these days too. They still make me look like Rush Limbaugh by comparison though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

in 20 games this year he has 16 goals and 4 assists

i dont see the problem here?

C. ronaldo has 16 goals and 8 assists in 25 games, yet some people here think he is the second coming of christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

He is still very fit.
    The second photo is misleading as he is breathing out and bent over.
    He took off his shirt on Sunday,posed for photos and he was as fit as a fiddle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

He could easily have been breathing in there - not exactly much to worry about..no man boobs like me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ardent wrote:
    He's neither old nor fat.

The difference in the two pics though shows why he's been off form for the last 1 - 1 and half yrs. Too much of the good life...

Prove to me that those photos are not photoshopped.

Also last 1 - 1 and a half years? Are you out of your mind?

Some people...seriously...they know sweet f all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

this time next year, after a few months in MilanLab and about 19 first teams games in a Milan shirt he'll be in the best shape he can be.

Just wait and see.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

wanabe wrote:
    feck that i look fitter than him! what a waste of talent! hope he gets his act together!!

He's had a few bad months. Hardly a waste of talent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

the guys a class act and like Ronaldo - he will never lose those two unbelievable feet of his (unless he has a nasty run-in with a saw....) no matter how much weight he puts on - however, it does have a tendancy to sap players aggresiveness and energy. Such a shame to see him go this way but i suppose we should all be thankful he has the chance to correct it now at 26. And in thinking about it, its not so much the weight and his performance that tells the story - its the external factors again, much like Ronaldo, being mentioned.

Im sure hell be back in shape and unbelievable on the ball in no time... he'll never go the route Gazza went as he doesnt seem to be the same maniacal persona. However, if he doesnt do it soon - Ronaldo i think stands testament to what WILL happen to him.... overworked, over paid, over comitted, and under powered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

sure has gone to the dogs, tis a shame... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8euf2--JQBA&mode=related&search=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

cheesedude wrote:
    Prove to me that those photos are not photoshopped.
    What?
    Also last 1 - 1 and a half years? Are you out of your mind?
    It's all opinion at the end of the day, isn't it? He's an amazing player - even when he has a bad game he's offers more than most - but he hasn't been anywhere near his consistent, brilliant best for about a year for me.
    Some people...seriously...they know sweet f all.
    You're hardly an authority on football judging by some of your past posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

playa3 wrote:
    sure has gone to the dogs, tis a shame... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8euf2--JQBA&mode=related&search=

Cant use that ,that was last weekend and is in motion and during a match where stuff matters. This doesnt prove hes finished or fat or anything like it. :D

He looked good in that game very hungry had a point to his game (etoo)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

KdjaCL wrote:
    Cant use that ,that was last weekend and is in motion and during a match where stuff matters. This doesnt prove hes finished or fat or anything like it. :D

kdjac

ehhhh?, i was being sarcastic
    KdjaCL wrote:
    He looked good in that game very hungry had a point to his game (etoo)

kdjac

must say i love your choice of words though:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Are we all talking about the same Ronaldinho who has 16 league goals this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Woah, who ate all the pies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

nowt really to do with his goal tally mate - many players can score for fun and yet show the signs early on that theyre going to pot. gazza, ronaldo, george best..... there are loads of players who are forever seen as greats who could drink a few pints the night before, have a fag at half-time and still play amazing footie....

thesigns ronaldhino is showing though, are a bit worrying. has to get his life back on track by the looks of it... another story of overpowered agents and too much too young.

Advertisement