Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn Alarm!!!

Options
  • 24-02-2007 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

hi, i live in the grove and for the last 4 consecutive nights the alarm over at Superquinn has been going off. it doesn't shut itself off after a half hour, it goes solid for a couple of hours. on 2 occassions i've seen a security van drive up, look in (from the van!) and then drive away within the space of 2 minutes. i have mentioned it to a manager in Superquinn but i doubt this will have done any good. anyone any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I was just talking about this today and apparently it's because the front door is quite sensitive and there is young lads throwing things at it at all hours of the night. Now they know how to set the alarm of they are probably going to keep it up. They are supposed to be getting shutters for the outside fitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Liam81 wrote:
    hi, i live in the grove and for the last 4 consecutive nights the alarm over at Superquinn has been going off. it doesn't shut itself off after a half hour, it goes solid for a couple of hours. on 2 occassions i've seen a security van drive up, look in (from the van!) and then drive away within the space of 2 minutes. i have mentioned it to a manager in Superquinn but i doubt this will have done any good. anyone any ideas??

I think it's the shop beside Superquinn?, the chemist.

I'll give CBRE a bell. )mgmt Company for the commercial centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Liam81

oh cheers marcais, very much appreciated;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭new arrival

Spoke with CBRE and they said it's the actual fire alarm going off.

Apparently there is a faulty panel (located in the main commercial centre), but the fault keeps saying there is a problem with a fire sensor in the Creche.

I was given this same excuse over Christmas when this problem occured. I actually walked in with a chap from Shepard Security and he said they can't do anything. This is an engineers problem, all he can do is reset it each time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

CBRE are replacing the current Alarm systen providers because of these problems (and fair play). They'll use another firm they deal with who provide a much better service, response time etc.

Good to hear (and didn't sound like BS!)

Spoke with CBRE and they said it's the actual fire alarm going off.

Apparently there is a faulty panel (located in the main commercial centre), but the fault keeps saying there is a problem with a fire sensor in the Creche.

I was given this same excuse over Christmas when this problem occured. I actually walked in with a chap from Shepard Security and he said they can't do anything. This is an engineers problem, all he can do is reset it each time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭TnJ

Also live in the grove and witnessed the alarm being set off the other night. The trollies which are stored in front of the main doors blew against the doors during high winds.

I guess this is only one of many reasons why the alarms are set off. I really feel sorry for anyone with kids cos those alarms are feckin loud. I do notice however that one particular alarm (yes there are a few) seems to turn the sounder off after 15 minutes. I think this should be compulsory for ALL alarms in Charlesland. If you ask me, I think all unmonitored alarms are a complete waste of time. No one pays attention to them and all they do is infuriate neighbours.

Is there any point in starting some sort of petition etc to enact a 15 minute cut-off for all alarms in charlesland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Alarms (by law, I think) are supposed to reset after 20 mins. The problem is, if an alarm goes of because a window is open, for example, once the alarm resets, it detects that the window is still open and is set off again for another 20 mins and so on...

I totally agree on the whole monitoring point, but there's no point in even having the monitoring service, if the keyholders you nominate don't know the zones and how/why the alarm might have gone off. We had an experience of this in December in a Duplex in the Wood, where the alarm went off for three days continuously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Liam81

Had another word with another manager from superquinn and was told that apparently there has been a cat in their storeroom!! Thus setting off the alarm...:rolleyes:

Advertisement