Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G broadband modem?

Options
  • 24-02-2007 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know much about this?

Can it be battery powered so you can be online literally anywhere? Whats the coverage like? What is the speed like? Would it be ok to play online poker with? Also, how long would it take to sign up and get connected with one? Also, I'm planning on going travelling soon so are you able to roam with it?

Any help much appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

ive heard, unless your in centre dublin, it never maintains any sort of broadband speed, and thats if your in a 3g area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

It does not require a separate power source of any kind, as it is low power and draws what it needs from your laptops USB port.

So no batteries or mains required. :)

As far as speed, I'd think that you'd probably get the best speeds in rural areas (assuming there is 3G coverage, of course), since they'd be less congested than Dublin. At least that's what I've found: I get very high speeds in Ballyhaunis, which is rural, but central Athlone can become slowish at times (Vodafone have said they're bringing several new 3G sites there in the coming months, so that may only be temporary). Anyway, I still get near broadband speeds even there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Powered of the USB port.

It only works well if there is a 3G signal.

Advertisement