Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central Vacuum Systems

• 24-02-2007 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Anybody any advice or recommendations for central Vac systems,

I got quotes way back in July at the start of our self build;(prices have gone up since then?) I will be installing it myself. I have just started the plumbing and the electric is starting next week
    So hoping to get the plaster boards up soon.:eek:

Anybody have good experience with a company as they all are in or around the same price €1,500 (3,000sqft house)

Comments

I purchased a DIY system from Beam, good service - fast delivery. Can't comment on how well it works yet, I'm still building!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

I went for the vacuflo. (2500ft house was €1000 about 18 months ago). I installed myself and it was simple enough although I have solid 4" block walls so it will be different with plasterboard walls. My brother has the Beam and I think it might be a bit more user friendly than the vacuflo.

Brilliant suction and very easy to use and store. The power unit can be noisy so make sure it is well out of the way.

The only tip I have is to use long radius bends rather than short radius to reduce the chances of blockages in case you suck up the cat or something:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sunnyspain

Got a system from Beam in Cork 6 months ago. Delighted with it - takes all dust out of the house to the garage. Great service also.

Advertisement