Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Modem

Options
  • 24-02-2007 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭

So my motorola modem/router that you get with NTL bb packed it in.

Now as you all know, NTL were very concerned to hear this and said that netgear are the modem company?? and that they can call out to us on the 27th of march!

now has anyone any advice? they are so fustrating!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If it is the case that as a result of a defective modem (which they supply as part of the service) that you have no bb and if they expect you to wait for a month having already paid for a non existent service then if it was me I would email them - pointing out that you have paid in advance for a service they are making no effort to provide to you - and that you will be proceeding with a claim to the small claims court.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

dub45 wrote:
    If it is the case that as a result of a defective modem (which they supply as part of the service) that you have no bb and if they expect you to wait for a month having already paid for a non existent service then if it was me I would email them - pointing out that you have paid in advance for a service they are making no effort to provide to you - and that you will be proceeding with a claim to the small claims court.

Wouldn't they just credit his account for a month's downtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Tell them if they can not provide the service you paid for, for a month then feck any terms and conditions (wich they are probably breaking) and tell them to cancel and you will go elsewhere. They might send you a new modem.
    This works for Sky usually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

rang them again and gave them a bolloking!
    they kindly agreed to give me an appointment on the 30th of march!!

all i need is a new modem. they wont send one out. they wont let me collect it, and its a total disgrace!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Let Comreg know. Not that they will do anything, but if they get enough complaints they may evenyually force NTL to get there act together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

Have a peek at your PM's.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

JPA wrote:
    Wouldn't they just credit his account for a month's downtime?

Now any normal company would do that routinely but there again any normal company would not schedule a visit for a months time with the strong possibility that the 'visitor' might not even show! Lots of posts to this effect if you read the NTL threads. Also several people have reported asking them for credit and for that request to be turned down.

So the suggestion about the Small Claims Court at best will ''incentivise'' NTL to act and they need lots of that - and at worst will get you your money back hopefully

Advertisement