Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inspiron 1300 wont play DVD's?

• 24-02-2007 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hey guys having a problem with a Dell Inspiron 1300.
    Has a CDRW/DVD combo drive TSL462C.
    It worked fine up until last month but now will not play DVD's, doesnt even recognise the disc is in.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

First thing I'd do is check if the drive is shown in the BIOS (though depending on how its connected, it might not show anyway), check that it exists in device manager as 'working properly'.
    Does the drive letter show up in windows explorer?
    Does it read normal/other CDs?

One thing that I've found can feck with drives is a lot of startup/tray utils... like if you've got Nero, easy cd creator, ulead <whatever> it's possible that you've got a background task that's monitoring the drive in some way and interfering with its normal operation.
    To this end, I'd suggest having a look through the startup tab in msconfig (start>run>msconfig) ... see if you can identify anything belonging to a program that uses the CD/DVD drive... try unchecking it, rebooting and running without it/them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

or do what i do, uncheck everything (except m$ stuff on the services tab), reboot and install avg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭MjM

If the drive dosen't appear in My Computer but appears in Device Manager and is showing an error message like CODE 41 its a registry problem. This happenend to me after I installed Itunes. If thats the case let me know and i'll find the solution i used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Thanks lads, I have rebuilt the machine but no change.
    It appears in my ccomputer and can play cd audio/data no problem but when i put a DVD video/data it i can hear a clicking noise and you can access the dvd at all?

Could it be a the hardware?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Could be...
    A lot of people seem to be having problems with that model of drive if you slap it into google.

• Advertisement
Advertisement