Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

library or reading room open sunday?

Options
  • 24-02-2007 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Got some serious college exams coming up and I'm looking for somewhere to study on Sundays, or even late saturday, as the college library is closed. Is there anywhere like this in the city? Even outside the city might do, if I had to pay for a luas/dart trip it might still be worth it for a few hours of peace and quiet.

Depressing post, I know....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

Afaik all the libraries in this town are closed on Sundays - Pearse St, Ilac, and Pembroke are the ones I'm familiar with; so sorry I dont have good news there :(

However if you are looking for a quiet space, have you thought about either a gallery or museum? They open on Sundays (closed Mondays as is the European norm), and are free-of-charge - I'm thinking the National Gallery on Merrion Square, Hugh Lane on Parnell Square, while there are museums at Kildare St, Merrion Square and Collins barracks by Heuston.

Not quite libraries I know, but seeing as no other suggestions have been posted, its the closest I can think of. Hope its of help.

Best of luck with the exams :)

Advertisement