Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat tore nails out

Options
  • 24-02-2007 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

My cat (younger one) got a fright by neighbours dog this morning. I can only assume she tried climbing the fence. She ran inside all puffed up. Then i noticed her foot was bleeding and she is missing 2 claws that i can see.

So i wiped it off and applied some cream i had from when she had a neck sore.
    I would say its a little sore but not serious.
    Anyway will they grow back or cause a problem? I do not want to bring her to the vet unless its seen as serious. I do not want to spend a fortune and have them just bandage her up which i could do myself :D

Last night i caught her on our roof... again.. well last time it was the other neighbours.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Aye the claws will grow back. I would get it checked by a vet to make sure that it won't get infected where the claws grow back. How does it look now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Looks fine. she is a litte quiet.. stopped bleeding ages ago. she just came on to my lap :D
    I think she will be fine but will keep an eye on it. I will continue to apply the cream i have just in case.

This is a cat that goes mental sometimes and as a baby ran into too many doors :D She still does sometimes.. runs up walls then runs into doors if she is in one of those moods.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

you could also try bathing her foot in a mug of warm water with a teaspoon of espom salts disolved in it... Its very healing...

hopefully she'll be grand
    ;)

Advertisement