Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico and Eircom

Options
  • 24-02-2007 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

I switched my phone to Perlico last September.

I found I was getting bills every month which did irk me somewhat and to be honest I didnt think I was saving money.

Anyway on Monday discovered my phone was down. Logged fault with Perlico who said they would ring me back with an update.

Tuesday morning came still no phone and rang Perlico again to be told the line came back green when tested. But of course I didn't know that cos I got no call back as promised.

It is now Saturday and still dont have my phone and eventually was told by a very nice gentleman in Eircom that it will be fixed on Monday morning (will wait and see)

However I am absolutely disgusted with Perlico. They never call back when they say they will, and are only reading from a script. It seems that it can take 2 to 5 days to repair a fault and its not that urgent until it goes over 5 working days.

I am so mad with both Perlico and Eircom who are also dragging their heels in fixing the line.

Its so fustrating that as consumers we have absolutely no rights and they still expect us to pay for a service that we were without.

As for broadband in my area it will be 2020 by the time it gets to us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Having just switched to Perlico myself i hope i never have problems.. however when the line goes down its eircoms fault and eircom, becuase you are not their customer im sure will put you waaaaay down the list.
    Until Eircom is broken up and the line and exchanges are nothing to do with eircom any more then it will always be like this no matter who you are with (unless overpriced eircom).

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

I wish you better luck than I had Saruman

To be honest my bills were higher with Perlico than with Eircom and I resent have to pay a bill every month instead of every two months with Eircom.

Advertisement