Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reinstalling Windows XP on a laptop

• 24-02-2007 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a missing file error when I try and reinstall windows xp
    Filename is Iastor.sys

i've looked up on google and it looks like it's got to do with raid drivers ,but I don't have that as you can tell.Also there seems to be a fix by going into a txt file ,but I can't edit files on my installation CD and I haven't got a floppy drive to have files sitting in while the setup CD is running.
    I was thinking of making a bootable CD and formatting the hard drive ,because I thought this might fix any software issues that the current installation is sending to setup.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

Advertisement