Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vodafone usb modem and wireless network

• 24-02-2007 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

is it possible to set up the vodafone usb modem to work with two computers on a wireless lan Are there any settings available
    many thanks
    jimmy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Not unless the PC with the USB modem has either NAT, Internet connnection sharing or proxy, and a WiFi

You'll need Adhoc mode.

I'd get PCMCIA card and Netgear or Linksys router, unless you are expert at networking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

In Mac OS X, under Sharing click the Start button under Internet Sharing. In Widnows, there is a similar option (I don't have a Windows computer in front of me right now, so I can't tell you where it's located, but you should be able to find it).

Alternatively, get a data card instead of the USB yoke, and plug it into the Linksys 3G router, which is about 180 euros from Elara as far as I recall. This is probably the best option for sharing, as you're using a dedicated router, and not abusing a computer for the same purpose. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

jimnoctor wrote:
    is it possible to set up the vodafone usb modem to work with two computers on a wireless lan Are there any settings available
    many thanks
    jimmy

Get the pcmcia version... there is a 3g->wifi router for it...

Advertisement