Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Sensor with reed

Options
  • 24-02-2007 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Is the sensor wiring any different when using a reed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Presuming you are talking about an inertia sensor. Yes the wiring is different. Usually the reed is wired in Black/Red and the inertia in Blue/Yellow. Different circuits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 matty2003

OK. What about the tamper? (It is an inertia sensor)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

depends on the sensor you have...you can have a reed only sensor or inertia only. Most of the inertia sensors have extra contacts in them like the aritech ones that allow you to get a separate magnet and combine teh sensor for both purposes. Normally you are better off keeping them separate.

And typically the shocks are on a separate circuit that the reeds but its not necessary. Depending on your panel, you can set the shock circuit up for varying sensitivity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Wire one side of the sensor into the reed and then wire your pair (alarm circuit cables) into the other side of the reed and the other side of the sensor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 matty2003

I have HKC slimline sensors with reed. I reckon I need to have the reed in series with the inertia

• Advertisement
Advertisement