Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Startup/networking Woes

Options
  • 24-02-2007 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

does anyone out there know of any networking events where you can meet like minded people who want to set up in business. I have a great business idea for example but do not have the technical background in that area. I'm not sure I'd go into business with any of my friends or people I know already that do have the required background or if they would be committed enough to make it succeed. My idea is web based and In looking for quotes to get someone to build my idea ( which would have alot of tailored development in it) web development companies either dont want to do it or want to own the code at the end of it. funding is not the immediate problem and I need to get it up and going before I go for further funding, so I have something to get funding FOR.
    DCEB and other state bodies are lacking in this area from what I can see as good as they are they really only exist to help existing businesses but not in assisting in turning ideas into businesses. If anyone has been through this and succeeded in setting their business up ...whats the secret. And If anyone knows of any events where I can network with others keen to get started or Other helpful information, it will all help me or anyone else reading this and in a similar situation.

Comments

Advertisement