Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singles Darts Tournament in the Midlands - 4th March 07

• 24-02-2007 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

Date: Sunday 4th March 2007, All names taken on the day - 1 to 2pm, Competition anticipated to be underway by 3pm.

Venue: Olde Oak bar, Connaught St., Athlone, Co. Westmeath.

3 separate dart boards used in play

Phone: 0906498004 or Sam on 0877671103

Entry fee: €15 per contestant

1st Prize: €300
    2nd Prize: €100
    Both beaten semifinalists: €50
    Highest checkout: €50

All raised proceeds go to St. Lukes Hospital, in Dublin

Prize money sponsored by:

Abbey Hotel, Roscommon,
    Kay's Bookmakers, Athlone,
    The Olde Oak Bar, Athlone

Local support and sponsorship:
    Gannons Butchers, Athlone,
    Cost Cutters, Athlone,
    Roffs Restaurant, Athlone,
    Snap Printing, Athlone,
    McNeills Bar, Athlone,
    Dunnings Butchers, Athlone,
    Michael Ducies, Athlone,
    Athlone Topic Newspaper, Athlone,
    Walshe's Bar, Athlone,
    Olde Oak Bar, Athlone.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Nice, I might play in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Might do myself, only a 40 minute drive BUT driving home is the problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

Is there a youth section?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Shane I reckon that there is no age limit on this. If the pub will let you in to play (and I cant see why they wouldnt if its on during the day) then there is no problem. Im sure you will be allowed play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Whats the format for the games, i.e. 3 leg 501 or ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

1. Shane, there's no age limit... In previous singles tournaments some handicaps were given, although, since they were more local competitions and the standard of nearly all entrants was known, I'm not certain if the same will be given in this tournament.

2. In the first round, it will be first to 3 or 5, to be decided on the day... subsequent rounds will be structured on the day when the final listings are taken... however, the organisers aim to make it an enjoyable event for all participants and spectators, with a view to subsequent fundraisers of this type.

I'll keep a check for questions concerning the tournament on this thread, and answer any as they are asked. Alternatively, you may phone the bar on the number in the OP (Olde Oak bar), and ask for Austin or Jason, or phone Sam on his mobile above... referring to this notification on Boards.ie

Advertisement