Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best nightclub on the southside? (out of town)

Options
  • 24-02-2007 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

tram co is it or that place in ranelagh?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

snorlax wrote:
    tram co is it or that place in ranelagh?
    Ranelagh?Il Mondo?!

Haven't been to TramCo in months, has always been a good night out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Neither of them are in South County Dublin though are they?

The North County Dublin forum only deals with areas outside Dublin City on the North side, shouldn't the South County Dublin forum be the same?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Well, 92 in Leperstown can be a Good Night,
    Bondi Can be Good as Long as The Kids arent there, so Avoid Friday and Satarday like the Plauge, Wedensdays does Be Packed Due to the €2 drinks deal.
    Paps in Dun Laoghaire is to be avoided Like The Plague also, unless you fancy getting the sh*t kicked out of you Afterwards, Men and Women Alike.

92 is good craic, despite how packed it can get.
    Haven't been into Bondi in a long time, heard its just packed with the kiddies and some nights are sausage partys.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Neither of them are in South County Dublin though are they?

The North County Dublin forum only deals with areas outside Dublin City on the North side, shouldn't the South County Dublin forum be the same?

wouldn't ranelagh and rathmines count as being outside the city?

edit: see what you mean about north country dublin, but it is different as there is green belts/seperate towns and it is much larger.
    there are no real southside equivalents to rush, skerries etc as it is one big housing estate all the way to wicklow on the southside.

maybe when we see a charter it will all make sense.

• Advertisement

Anything south of Stilorgan would be outside the city of Dublin. So I would have imagined this forum would deal with Dun Laoghaire and other such places in South County Dublin.

Anything south of Stilorgan would be outside the city of Dublin. So I would have imagined this forum would deal with Dun Laoghaire and other such places in South County Dublin.

how are you defining south county dublin?

Dun laoghaire/rathdown county council or south dublin county council area?
    or both?

You don't have to hit Stillorgan if so, aren't Milltown and Booterstown outside of Dublin city too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

eh anywhere with south county dublin as a postcode perhaps? (this is, no number e.g. Dublin 6, Dublin 8 etc.) milltown is dublin 6 btw! Sandycove, Dalkey, Killiney are all south co. dublin anyway.

eh anywhere with south county dublin as a postcode perhaps? (this is, no number e.g. Dublin 6, Dublin 8 etc.) milltown is dublin 6 btw! Sandycove, Dalkey, Killiney are all south co. dublin anyway.

that wouldn't make much sense since that is an arbitrary system. that would leave out carrickmines, foxrock, stillorgan, sandyford, dundrum etc etc but include everywhere east of N11, so booterstown but not milltown, blackrock but not stillorgan, deansgrange but not cabinteely.

for instance neither bondi or club 92 are in south county dublin by that definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

To the best of my knowledge, bondi has been closed for refurbishment for the foreseeable future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

grimloch wrote:
    To the best of my knowledge, bondi has been closed for refurbishment for the foreseeable future.

I was there last week, it was open even if it was a div as always

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yeah am a bit of a fan of 92 myself. Tis a kip but always have a dope night!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i quite like nemo's in dun laoghaire, havent been there in ages though. 92 is a good nite out as well

i quite like nemo's in dun laoghaire, havent been there in ages though. 92 is a good nite out as well
    Ah Nemos... Don't think I ever stayed there late... but I used to eat their Spanish omlettes all the time on my lunch breaks... They even gave me a discount after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

grimloch wrote:

Actually, I believe that the Gardai went in one night and hardly anyone had I.D. so they shut it down temporarily

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Has anyone been to Parker Brownes in Dundrum? Despite living in Dundrum, I've never been.

i've been in a couple of times, it's alright, a bit of an older crowd when I was in, didn't feel like a perv the way I did the one time I was in bondi!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

92 is good craic, they finally tore up that damn carpet so the smell is almost gone. pity they've gotten so lax on the door policy, used the be real unique crowd, ya could go in a know most, now all sorts are coming in...couldbe i'm just getting old tho...sigh...to sachs for me so

lol, i could just see you in sachs melekalikimaka!

i'd class the southside as South County Dublin, As mentioned before, there is no huge green belts, it does appear to be one large collection of houseing estates!

Nemos, having passed it today, looks closed town, there is to let signs outside.

hmmm, maybe you could change the forum name to just south dublin or something?

• Advertisement

One would have to suggest it in Either the feedback forum or Pm an Admin

One would have to suggest it in Either the feedback forum or Pm an Admin

not that pushed! but just seems like there will be a lot of confusion about what area is supposed to be covered...

Haven't been to McGowans in Churchtown for some time but I do like it.

Myth wrote:

it's up for sale at the moment, so get a visit in soon!

daveym wrote:
    it's up for sale at the moment, so get a visit in soon!

For sale as a nightclub or will it be knocked down and apartments built there?

Myth wrote:
    For sale as a nightclub or will it be knocked down and apartments built there?

it's being sold as a site I think, so buyer I'd imagine would build apts with pub below/no pub at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Myth wrote:

I like McGowans too. Haven't been in ages though. Pity it's up for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

daveym wrote:
    that wouldn't make much sense since that is an arbitrary system. that would leave out carrickmines, foxrock, stillorgan, sandyford, dundrum etc etc but include everywhere east of N11, so booterstown but not milltown, blackrock but not stillorgan, deansgrange but not cabinteely.

for instance neither bondi or club 92 are in south county dublin by that definition.

Stillorgan is County Dublin, there's no number here. For some reason there is a slight ambiguity about Kilmacud though which seems to go by Dublin 14 at times (that may be down to the Upper Kilmacud Road though considering it goes as far as Dundrum). I dunno, I've lived here my entire life and I can't tell you the difference between Stillorgan and Kilmacud.

Makaveli wrote:
    Stillorgan is County Dublin, there's no number here. For some reason there is a slight ambiguity about Kilmacud though which seems to go by Dublin 14 at times (that may be down to the Upper Kilmacud Road though considering it goes as far as Dundrum). I dunno, I've lived here my entire life and I can't tell you the difference between Stillorgan and Kilmacud.

I do know some people in stillorgan who call themselves county and some who call themselves D14. I thought that the N11 was the division line and west of it was a numbered postcode and east Co. Dublin?

I always assumed people who said Co. Dublin were trying to be posh! Maybe it was just there is a dividing line somewhere in Stillorgan/Kilmacud area.

I know where I am up past lambs cross half the people are putting down stepaside co. dublin and the other half sandyford D18 as their address.

I guess it'll all be sorted next year when everyone gets a proper postcode...

• Advertisement

Myth wrote:
    Its a good spot alright, the crowd can be a bit touch and go at times though.
    daveym wrote:
    it's being sold as a site I think, so buyer I'd imagine would build apts with pub below/no pub at all..

Yeah, its being sold as development property so its the end of the club/pub there I'd imagine. Bit of a pity though, there's been a pub/club there for as long as I can remember and its never really brought any trouble to the area.

Advertisement