Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best nightclub on the southside? (out of town)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

daveym wrote:
    I do know some people in stillorgan who call themselves county and some who call themselves D14. I thought that the N11 was the division line and west of it was a numbered postcode and east Co. Dublin?

I always assumed people who said Co. Dublin were trying to be posh! Maybe it was just there is a dividing line somewhere in Stillorgan/Kilmacud area.

I know where I am up past lambs cross half the people are putting down stepaside co. dublin and the other half sandyford D18 as their address.

I guess it'll all be sorted next year when everyone gets a proper postcode...

Your post was the first time I've ever heard anybody mention Stillorgan as anything other than County Dublin. I had to look up a map to make sure it was Dublin 14 I meant, and I've only seen a Kilmacud address listed as Dublin 14 once but I just looked it up in the phone book and it's now listed as Stillorgan Co. Dublin. Stillorgan is on both sides of the N11 anyway, Patrician Villas is in Stillorgan (unfortunately) and I'd say Orpen Green would be considered Stillorgan too although quite a few people would probably try and say it's Blackrock (but then again I know people living in my estate who use Blackrock as their address).

It also seems the Sandyford Industrial Estate has swallowed what used to be the Stillorgan Industrial Estate/Park (whatever) and it's all now known as Sandyford. Although Atlantic Homecare still claims it's Stillorgan where as the Beacon and all the car showrooms beside it seem to be Sandyford.

Anyway this is all way off topic. Best nightclub certainly isn't Bondi. That place is a kip. 92 is decent if you don't go for a good a while and then occasionally head up. If you go frequently is quickly loses its appeal. It can also be annoying that if you live near it you know every second person in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Here's a map.

Ireland_map_County_Dublin_City.png

Dublin City is in the lighter green. If you don't live in that light green area then you don't live in Dublin City.

South County Dublin is broken into Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown South Council and South Dublin County Council, so again, if one of these two is your county council then you are not in Dublin City.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

yeah I understand that but you are just defining it by the council area, which is just a line seperating one street from the next. Also, it may be that it is useful for defining the 'Dublin City' forum, but I don't think it defines a 'South County Dublin' forum? Or are you saying that anywhere in south dublin county council area or DLRSC area is covered by the forum because they aren't part of the Dublin corporation area?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm just saying that Dublin City is a specific area that is maintained by the Dublin City Council. The North county Dublin forum deals with areas on the Northside of Liffey that don't fall within the city limits, so I don't see why the South County Dublin forum feels the need to lay claim to half of City of Dublin when it seems to me it should be for areas South of the Liffey that don't fall within the city limits.

Won't say much more on this as it's off topic... but if this is the way of thinking that people want to go with, then we might as well do away with Dublin City forum and just have North and South Dublin forums... although I'm not entirely sure if that level of segregation is necessary.

I'm just saying that Dublin City is a specific area that is maintained by the Dublin City Council. The North county Dublin forum deals with areas on the Northside of Liffey that don't fall within the city limits, so I don't see why the South County Dublin forum feels the need to lay claim to half of City of Dublin when it seems to me it should be for areas South of the Liffey that don't fall within the city limits.

Won't say much more on this as it's off topic... but if this is the way of thinking that people want to go with, then we might as well do away with Dublin City forum and just have North and South Dublin forums... although I'm not entirely sure if that level of segregation is necessary.

hmm, I know what you mean. I guess I'd think that a City Centre, South Dublin and North Dublin would make sense tbh. So am probably looking at it from that viewpoint. Again I think the North County forum is different because of the Airport and green belt that forces a seperation that doesn't appear on the Southside, also the corporation area extends further out on DNS too, it nearly encompasses everwhere within the M50..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Makaveli wrote:
    Anyway this is all way off topic. Best nightclub certainly isn't Bondi. That place is a kip. 92 is decent if you don't go for a good a while and then occasionally head up. If you go frequently is quickly loses its appeal. It can also be annoying that if you live near it you know every second person in there.

summed up perfectly, was there on sat, don't want to rub anyone up the wrong way here but tbh the place is littling in all sorts of knacks these days, i remember there wouldnt be a single fat or ugly lass in there (bar the ol regulars, but sure they need one or two for ya to compare against), my friend(drunk) mentioned it to the bouncers and they agreed...a dark cloud is hanging over the club...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

summed up perfectly, was there on sat, don't want to rub anyone up the wrong way here but tbh the place is littling in all sorts of knacks these days, i remember there wouldnt be a single fat or ugly lass in there (bar the ol regulars, but sure they need one or two for ya to compare against), my friend(drunk) mentioned it to the bouncers and they agreed...a dark cloud is hanging over the club...

I miss the good old day of 92....

was there a few weeks ago and the dress code seemed to have been thrown out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

melekalikimaka didnt seem too bothered about whether the girls were fat.... or so i heard.

<i'm not banning you, just a gentle reminder that beauty is on the inside mark> :)

And regarding the fact that bondi is closed for "renovations"... How come there is no sign of work going on, no vans no skips no nothing... hmmmmm

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

markk06 wrote:
    melekalikimaka didnt seem too bothered about whether the girls were fat.... or so i heard.

And regarding the fact that bondi is closed for "renovations"... How come there is no sign of work going on, no vans no skips no nothing... hmmmmm

slander SLANDER siteban siteban him smith

its hardly slander if its true....

:D

altho in fairness, Personal swipes at posters, will not be tolorated, even if i know the two of you's.... Behave!

• Advertisement

its hardly slander if its true....

agreed, if he likes them big he likes them big, no shame in that.

...ffs:mad:

all right... Back on topic..

Does anyone know what the real story with bondi is?

my friends cousin is the manager, i could check mr smith...but whats in it for me...?

my friends cousin is the manager, i could check mr smith...but whats in it for me...?

oh the temptation!

not an awful lot tbh....

not an awful lot tbh....

tease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If the bouncer agree the place is full of knackers what the hell are they letting them in for?

If the bouncer agree the place is full of knackers what the hell are they letting them in for?

he claimed it was a 'odd night'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

a 'odd night'

Thats proper bouncer speak alright, don't doubt you for a second.

Regarding Bondi, have heard little or nothing about the place. Its been months since I stepped foot in it anyway, far too full of really, really young teenagers and knackers. Maybe its a crowd renovation? However, they tried that in the past by introducing a new Sunday night event to attempt to compete with 92's, it flopped afaik. Have no idea how its doing overall though, could just be shutting down at this point and selling up as prime development property.

• Advertisement

rb_ie wrote:
    Thats proper bouncer speak alright, don't doubt you for a second.

Regarding Bondi, have heard little or nothing about the place. Its been months since I stepped foot in it anyway, far too full of really, really young teenagers and knackers. Maybe its a crowd renovation? However, they tried that in the past by introducing a new Sunday night event to attempt to compete with 92's, it flopped afaik. Have no idea how its doing overall though, could just be shutting down at this point and selling up as prime development property.

the planning is already in and approved, on appeal though afaik..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The sooner it and the Leisureplex go the better. Remove McDonalds for the hat-trick and Stillorgan may start to improve again.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

I see no-one's mentioned any of our excellent Tallaght nightclubs...Playhouse all the way!*

*Sarcasm, in case it needed to be pointed out

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eefs

I see no-one's mentioned any of our excellent Tallaght nightclubs...Playhouse all the way!*

*Sarcasm, in case it needed to be pointed out

Obviously, you were being sarcastic. I mean, clearly Level Four is the winner of best Southside Club! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I remember being in both level 4 and the playhouse in the same night, going back 6 years ago to the month..........never ever been back!!!!

"Howya, it's me mates birthday?" Nice one........quite possibly the easiest score ever!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Kenny 5 wrote:
    I remember being in both level 4 and the playhouse in the same night, going back 6 years ago to the month..........never ever been back!!!!

"Howya, it's me mates birthday?" Nice one........quite possibly the easiest score ever!!!!!

Hasn't changed in the slightest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Makaveli wrote:
    The sooner it and the Leisureplex go the better. Remove McDonalds for the hat-trick and Stillorgan may start to improve again.

I agree

In fairness though McDonalds isn't quite as much of a skanger magnet as the Leisureplex and Bondi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Avoid Club 92 like the plague it's full of posh eejits who don't know any better!
    The music is apalling at best.
    It smells like puke.
    Avoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

Schlemm wrote:

It smells like puke.

Not anymore... new shiny wooden floors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I like Russels in Ranelagh, though that's more of a pub than a club...

Advertisement