Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best nightclub on the southside? (out of town)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Piste wrote:
    I like Russels in Ranelagh, though that's more of a pub than a club...

good spot for a few beers, lived near it for a few years, I miss the cajun chicken bap. mmmmm. the mixed grill is nice too.

however have to say upstairs in the 'nightclub' is a disaster. Or at least it was, maybe it has improved..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Paps in Dun Laoghaire and Bondi (well supposedly) closed for Renovations. Nemo's closed for good...............:mad: jaysus there is absolutley no where to pick up skangers anymore:p BTW I was actually a paps regular for quite a while I know I know shame on me......:-)

Heard a wisper there is a disco type bar over Queens in dalkey any truth in this???

Also where exactly is this Parker Browns - is it actually in dundrum shopping centre???

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭manbat

MBC wrote:

Heard a wisper there is a disco type bar over Queens in dalkey any truth in this???

There's a club called the vico over queens rarely gets packed and if it does its full of golden oldies..

and how do people think 92 is good?? the f**kin smell of the place, smells like an ol ones knickers.

Ol Paps was a classic place haha rough and ready, started out in there a few years back.

Theres a night club on in the Stillorgan park hotel called the "turf club"
    Would this be true and has anyone been? good craic or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

ah paps, many many nights in there and nemos and scotts across from it!!

Ended up in 92 there on saturday completely hammered on whiskey! its the only way to be up there!

ah d ol scotts and nemos combo haha... thursday nights 3 euro a drink and free in... wrecked!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

manbat wrote:
    Theres a night club on in the Stillorgan park hotel called the "turf club"
    Would this be true and has anyone been? good craic or what?

i recall my cousins hitting there in the mid 90's, was good then i think.

92 has gone to the dogs imo, doesnt leave anywhere else really, resorted to the ol wishing well/punchbowl for a few beers midweek now, god i'm getting old

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

That new place in rathfarnham is officially opening tonight, Touche or whatever it's called. I'll probably head down and check it out, i dunno how nobody's managed to get a nightclub to work there, it's a good enough location.

You mean Club Sarah, I mean The Cube, no I mean The Venue? (plus many other names)

I quite liked the Venue, saw a U2 tribute band play there on a new years eve a year and a bit ago. Was a good night.

What about good ol Paps back open for the public?
    Only thing is they're pulling d ol over 23's line so thats about 80% of its business gone if they're really gonna stick with it.
    Why don't the management just except paps for what it is 'a ****in knacker hole' for people starting they're drinking career, i know i did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

#Elites wrote:
    pff packed with underage people.
    Exactly, its the only place that'll cater for Piste's kind...hense her "pick".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Precisely, I was there for an eighteenth not too long ago, while I was eighteen myself I might add and I felt old there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

manbat wrote:
    What about good ol Paps back open for the public?
    Only thing is they're pulling d ol over 23's line so thats about 80% of its business gone if they're really gonna stick with it.
    Why don't the management just except paps for what it is 'a ****in knacker hole' for people starting they're drinking career, i know i did.

Was in "Platinum over 23's" on Friday after a party and it was actually quite good.........so of course I ended up there on Sunday again - Inside has changed a bit, they have made it quite smaller and its all 1 level (don't know how many people I seen failing down/up the steps to the old dancefloor).

There is a VIP area up the back funny i know. The crowd is a lot older than it used to be but I did see a few 19/20's running around the place. I wonder how long it will last though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

MBC wrote:
    Was in "Platinum over 23's" on Friday after a party and it was actually quite good.........so of course I ended up there on Sunday again - Inside has changed a bit, they have made it quite smaller and its all 1 level (don't know how many people I seen failing down/up the steps to the old dancefloor).

There is a VIP area up the back funny i know. The crowd is a lot older than it used to be but I did see a few 19/20's running around the place. I wonder how long it will last though.

so this new five star nightclub thet are advertising on the radio, is actually Paps with a new coat of paint and a posh area so you can be sick on comfortabe chairs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 buzzby

Bring back "Club Grab" to Kiltiernan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

buzzby wrote: »
    Bring back "Club Grab" to Kiltiernan:)
    Take it easy on dragging up old threads, not usually worthy of much conversation, hence why they died.

But seeing as it's been brought up again anyway, I'd have to go with Suite 54 in Blackrock, or Club 92 in Leopardstown as the best southside clubs at the moment.
    Any other clubs worth checking out?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Take it easy on dragging up old threads, not usually worthy of much conversation, hence why they died.

But seeing as it's been brought up again anyway, I'd have to go with Suite 54 in Blackrock, or Club 92 in Leopardstown as the best southside clubs at the moment.
    Any other clubs worth checking out?

Sadly nope, been a while since I was in suite 54 but been up to 92 a few fridays but they are normally dead until very very late.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 misslolapants

92's a kip! In my opinion. Vico in Dalkey's alright if ur drinkin in Dalkey & don;t particularly fancy goin home at closing. €4 all drinks in November. Vodka & coke €4 where can ya go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

TramCo's changed ownership, seems like good management too. Was meeting my mates after the Irish game on a Saturday a while back, bouncers didn't let me in cause of my shoes (typical) but in fairness, the manger came down and saw we were meeting mates so let us in (I know he's just trying to get our money but it was still nice to see). Smoking area is amazing too, absolutely huge with a full sized cinema screen on the wall, would've been great for the world cup. Might go back in a bit when I see what age group/crowd go there.

But the problem is though, can you really change a club's clientèle? I mean I've seen so many clubs change ownership and try and get a new crowd in but in my experience if scumbags go to a club, then you'll only ever have scumbags going, no matter how much of an image you portray. Club Sarah's a good example, changed ownership so many times, tried to keep the knacker element out but unfortunately it had already been tainted and all the got were the 'head the balls' in their trackies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

TramCo's changed ownership, seems like good management too. Was meeting my mates after the Irish game on a Saturday a while back, bouncers didn't let me in cause of my shoes (typical) but in fairness, the manger came down and saw we were meeting mates so let us in (I know he's just trying to get our money but it was still nice to see). Smoking area is amazing too, absolutely huge with a full sized cinema screen on the wall, would've been great for the world cup. Might go back in a bit when I see what age group/crowd go there.

But the problem is though, can you really change a club's clientèle? I mean I've seen so many clubs change ownership and try and get a new crowd in but in my experience if scumbags go to a club, then you'll only ever have scumbags going, no matter how much of an image you portray. Club Sarah's a good example, changed ownership so many times, tried to keep the knacker element out but unfortunately it had already been tainted and all the got were the 'head the balls' in their trackies.

When did the change of ownership happen? AFAIK it is still owned by the man who opened it on its 1st night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

thegen wrote: »
    When did the change of ownership happen? AFAIK it is still owned by the man who opened it on its 1st night.

A few of my mates heard it so don't know if its truth, maybe changed management? Is there a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

A few of my mates heard it so don't know if its truth, maybe changed management? Is there a difference?

No, he might have put a new manager in place and is trying to up the age profile of his clients but he is still the owner and has a few other establishments going as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Paps in Dun Laoghaire is to be avoided Like The Plague also, unless you fancy getting the sh*t kicked out of you Afterwards, Men and Women Alike.

I wish I had of read this a few weeks ago....

Was out there three weeks ago and a row broke out and spilled onto my girlfriend and I. Ended up getting a glass smashed accross my head :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

doncarlos wrote: »
    I wish I had of read this a few weeks ago....

Was out there three weeks ago and a row broke out and spilled onto my girlfriend and I. Ended up getting a glass smashed accross my head :(

Man sorry to hear that, its been a long time since I've been there but it really is some s**thole