Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Downloading windows utilities (Freeware)

• 24-02-2007 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Hello ,could someone tell me where is a safe place to pick up freeware utilities.
    I'm looking for XP reg cleaning utils and the likes ,I use to use zdnet all the time but the last time I got a couple of utils ,I ended up getting a couple of nasty spams and trojans.

My laptop is running slow and I can't reinstall windows XP ,because my harddrive is a SATA ,won't install.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sourceforge.net or Majorgeeks.com normally. Grab a copy of CCleaner Lite (without Yahoo Toolbar) to tidy up your registry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

_Brian_ wrote:
    ... My laptop is running slow and I can't reinstall windows XP ,because my harddrive is a SATA ,won't install.
    I take it you can't find SATA drivers to put on a floppy and load during the install? If you could, it's probably a better route to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Thanks Ruu ,will check out them sites.
    Ethernet ,I've only got a cd drive and need SATA drivers to install windows .There is a way of binding the drivers onto a custom installation disk ,but I couldn't be bothered going to all that trouble.
    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1703

I wreckon Vista would have all that anyways ,so until I get vista I will have to make do with CCleaner.
    As always ,thanks for the help lads.

Brian.

Advertisement