Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madrid Derby ss2 8:30

• 24-02-2007 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Usuallly a decent game, and 1st in years it actually may have a bearing on league positions if Atletico win they go above Real and into the CL spots.

Real away have been awful atletico at home have dont alright. I just love watching Ageuro and Torres up front.
    On Saturday the Madrid derby will be contested at the Vicente Calderon, with Atletico desperate to break a poor run of defeats against city rivals Real. Liga leaders Barcelona host Athletic and Sevilla visit in-form Getafe.

Fifth-placed Atletico have not beaten Real at home this century and have lost recent matches against Valencia and Sevilla, teams in the top four with Real and Barcelona.

Teenage cult striker Sergio Aguero believes that a triumph over Fabio Capello's team could help them immensely in the quest for Champions League football next season.

"I don't know why we haven't responded well in these games," he admitted. "Perhaps we have lacked a little confidence. A win would maybe give us that confidence boost we need."

"El Kun" will be champing at the bit alongside Fernando Torres as Atleti seek to banish memories of the 3-0 defeat in their own stadium last season, when now-departed Brazilian striker Ronaldo banged in a hat-trick. The strike partners have scored six and seven goals respectively in this season's competition.

A win would put them above Real, who are without David Beckham through suspension, Sergio Ramos, Roberto Carlos and Raul Bravo, while Mahamadou Diarra is a doubt. Antonio Cassano returns top the squad after impressing in training.

Javier Aguirre is still without Maxi Rodriguez and Martin Petrov.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Atlético have not won this fixture in 7 years. :eek:

I think 0-0 tonight is a distinct possibility on paper. Roberto Carlos, Sergio Ramos, David Beckham, and Rudd Van Nistelrooy all out for Madrid; Atlético probably wouldn't be too upset with a draw. On the flipside, it's a derby, and it could all go off and the goals could just fly in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Is kezman still at atletico?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

No he with fenerbache now, still **** tho.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I love these games. Always so much passion and usually played at a frantic pace.

Can Athletico win one at last?

1-0 Torres deserved lead atm.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Should be 2 now :confused: But given offside, free kick hit the post and came out and was put in.

Noone was offside. real all over the place.

kdjac

What a cracker it is so far. Frente Atletico running amok, did you see that steel fence they've just torn down celebrating the goal?

Atletico are doing a hell of a lot of running here, if they wear themselves out before HT and it's still only 1-0 or worse, they're in trouble, as Madrid will eventually play their way into competing for the points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

PMSL @ Cannavaro.

PMSL @ Cannavaro.

Any tennis betting lately? A mate tipped up Ljubicic at 40s for the ABN Amro. Think I got on? :(

Great game so far, can see real nicking something if Atletico keep playing at that tempo without scoring.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Bateman wrote:
    Any tennis betting lately? A mate tipped up Ljubicic at 40s for the ABN Amro. Think I got on? :(
    RMK Champs:

Andy Murray is available at 5 in-play on BetFair against Roddick right now. I'm on that, I think he has at least a break in him.

Haas to win the final, regardless of playing Roddick or Murray, he was bloody excellent all tourney, hasn't dropped a set. I backed him before he played Fish today.

Cassano justifying why he's been benched for all that time with this performance .. .

1-1, Higuan with a Cassano assist.

Atletico players diving all over the place here. Comical

RMK Champs:

Andy Murray is available at 5 in-play on BetFair against Roddick right now. I'm on that, I think he has at least a break in him.

Haas to win the final, regardless of playing Roddick or Murray, he was bloody excellent all tourney, hasn't dropped a set. I backed him before he played Fish today.

What's the best price for live updates on this one? Murray 2.50ish to lay now, nice trading if you can get it.

Guti Guti Guti Maricoooooooooooon, maricoooooooooooooooon, maricooooo-on. :D Think it's fair to say Atléti fans don't like Guti.

Bateman wrote:
    What's the best price for live updates on this one? Murray 2.50ish to lay now, nice trading if you can get it.
    Murray was just creamed in the TB after going ahead with two mini-breaks. I laid off my original stake but left everything on Murray :(

Cannavaro sent off and Real now playing with 3 full backs. Real very lucky to get a draw out of this one.

Diarra doing his upmost to get sent off now. Laughable.

Raul hobbling about now. Effectively playing with 9 men.

1-1

Great game, a red was always on the cards for someone think there were 10 yellows. Ageuro is some player.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Real missed the Ramos/Beckham link up on the right badly today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Good game,Real should have been dead and buried after 20 mins,linesman made a howler.
    How Cannavaro was named FIFA player of the year is beyond me.
    He has been abysmal for Real since he joined them.
    He just cant stop giving away frees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Good game,Real should have been dead and buried after 20 mins,linesman made a howler.
    How Cannavaro was named FIFA player of the year is beyond me.
    He has been abysmal for Real since he joined them.
    The first half of the new season is rarely taken into account. It's usually judged on the previous season and obviously the world cup so he deserved it.

Advertisement