Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long can you go without a campsite?

• 24-02-2007 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

We were kinda lucky in that the chosen motorhome came with quite a few uprated features (for its age):
    200 liter tank for fresh water
    150 liter tank for waste water
    fixed tank toilet with ca 30 liters (wasn't curious enough to measure it yet)

So, as there are only two of us, we can easily go for four nights without having to empty or fill anything, provided we don't shower to luxuriously.

The second battery is "only" 100 AH, but all it has to run is a few lights and the water pump and we usually don't spend four/five days just parked up anyway.

I'm yet to make my experiences with emptying and refilling at a campsite, so far we haven't been away longer than four nights in one go.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

A group of us did an 8 day run around the coast of Ireland for charity last summer in vw campers. We only used campsites for two of those nights, and the only thing we did different on those nights was use the showers :D (and the second campsite had a laundrette). Those of us with on board water tanks could top them up (and empty the waste tanks)...and we could plug into 240v to give the gas bottles a rest on running the fridges overnight. The rest of the trip was wild camping. :cool:

This year we're planning a 10 day run, but no idea how many proper campsites we'll get to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

This year we're planning a 10 day run, but no idea how many proper campsites we'll get to.

I know someone who went on that last year. Could you pm me the details of this years event? Is it open to anyone? We have a T25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

fits wrote:
    I know someone who went on that last year. Could you pm me the details of this years event? Is it open to anyone? We have a T25

Hi Fits

You'll find more info on this year's run here: www.type2ireland.org
    Have a look in the What's Happening section.

Open to anyone...as longs as its a VW <grin>

There were two T25's last year....

Who do you know? ...got me curious now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

Ciaran, think he was either in an old Beetle or a Karmann Ghia..
    Dont know him that well, friend of a friend kind of thing, but he told me all about the trip and it sounded like it was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Franner

Myself and my ex used to go to Europe for three months at a time. We'd usually wild camp and would easily go a week without using campsites. Admittedly we would sometimes stroll in and use a shower when we were passing somewhere and the warm weather meant swimming was an option. Our budget was extremely tight though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement