Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computing/Technology part of the LC?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Why would LCA students need a programming module? If they wanted to do programming they'd do a real LC and get the points for a Computer Science course(they're really low).

There are a number of reasons why a person doing the LCA might like to do programming.

Do you think someone with an LCA could not enter a Computer Science course?

Your question shows your prejudice. Does 'the real LC' not teach you to avoid judging things you do not know about?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Why would LCA students need a programming module? If they wanted to do programming they'd do a real LC and get the points for a Computer Science course(they're really low).
    I'm guessing that you don't really know how the LCA works...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I'm guessing that you don't really know how the LCA works...
    No, guess not. I thought it was an exam geared towards people who would be taking on apprenticeships rather than going to college and included subjects like Electronics, Engineering, Hair and Beauty, Woodwork, Metalwork, Basic PC Skills etc.

I can't see how Computer Programming would be useful in this context, but perhaps I am wrong as to the nature of the exam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭stepperupper

Whatever about a computing course, after 3 hrs and 20 mins of a Pre-LC English exam the other day there's only one thing I would cry out for, the option to type for the LC. I mean I can type close to 60 words per minute so that would be class. My hand was bloody hanging after English. Some things like Economics require graphs which can be done on a PC but some people may find them easier to put on paper so I think it would be great if you could both type and write. I mean if you number the questions what can go wrong. I'm sure there are programmes that lock you into MS word so...... TYPING FOR THE LC!!!

Advertisement