Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett or dabs.ie?

Options
  • 25-02-2007 6:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Im saving for a new PC and was going to order all my parts on komplett then I came across a site called dab.ie and found that I could get all the same parts for just about €90 less than komplett!

Heres the thing I havn't heard of dabs.ie before but I have heard good talk about komplett. I just ordered a 19" monitor from them so am awaiting delivery to make judgment!

Im just wondering should I go for this dabs.ie have any boards members here used them before?

If so what are they like? Service? Delivery?

I will be order a good couple of items as follows!

Case
    Antec 900

Motherboard

Evga nForce-680i SLI

PSU
    Seasonic 600W

Processor
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Ram
    Corsair 6400 DDR2, 2048MB

Graphics Card
    XFX GeForce 8800GTS 320MB

Hard Drive

Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA2

DVD Drive/Burner

NEC DVD±recorder

OS

Windows XP Home

Prices are as follows:

Komplett.ie: € 1,663.33 (I will have to order that case from dabs.ie as its not available on komplett)

dabs.ie: €1,575.76

They both include delivery and VAT added!

Is there any hidden charges I should be looking out for? courier charges? Im pretty sure an post don't charge extra!

What do you guys think?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Dabs.ie is the new Irish branch of Dabs.com a UK e-tailor that has been around for quite a while, traditionally most folks ordered from Dabs UK site and they just delivered to here but Dabs have now setup an Irish portal of their site.

As for experiences everyone has their own I've rarely had any problems with Dabs over the years but that's not to say others haven't or you will.

As for the question from the other thread;
    DeafVision wrote:
    are you saying cheap ram will still be as good?

Im building a pc and am on a tight budget so I could afford to go down a bit on price!

so far I have the:

antec 900
    EVGA nForce-680i SLI
    core two duo 6600
    8800 GTS 320MB
    2 gig pc-6400 corsair ram at €218.00
    250gig hard drive
    dvd burner/reader
    seasonic psu 600watt
    windows xp home

all coming to 1600!

anything there I can skimp on?

Yes cheap RAM is just as good, capacity matters more than latency these days as low latency DDR2 is a luxury item that does not bring much to the table in extra performance unless you are out to win synthetic benchmarks same goes for higher speeds like DDR2 800 only a select few applications ever make use of the bandwidth.

As for cutting corners well first on my list would be the eVGA 680i board unless you want SLI support for the future I would lose that and get a cheaper Intel 965 based motherboard & save money there. The of course there is the RAM well pick out anything from DDR-2 533 or DDR-2 667 that gives you 2GB and is cheaper than what your currently paying for the Corsair DDR-2 800.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

This ram and with the motherboard I plan to go sli in the future so thats a must!

Also can you recommend me a psu cause I seem to be having problems picking a good one!

I need one for the future when I have the money to add another graphics card(2 8800's GTS 320mb)

I wouldn't bother with that particular OCZ kit it is suspiciously cheaper compared to everything else in that category and there have been problems if you look on the net with that RAM.

Go with it if you really want but this RAM kit is what I would suggest as you save money and the timings are really no different from the OCZ modules but Crucial are a helluva lot more reliable.

OCZ CL4-5-5-15 DDR-2 800
    Crucial CL5-5-5-12 DDR-2 667

The difference is hardly worth it.

As for PSU's I'd go with Seasonic 600W or Tagan 600W they should be enough 8800GTS SLI, the Tagan has detachable cables if that's of any interest.

You cna go higher with a 700W Seasonic but there shouldn't be any need.

How about this power supply

link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

i would not go for that psu look dodgy.go for well kown names like seasionic ,tangan,antec,ocz,enermax...................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

THE Tagan PSU's get good reviews and I have personal experience and they seem rock solid and quiet.

If you can stretch the budget another €10 then THIS one is good value.

The Black Diamond is one of Point of View PSU's it should be okay, keep in mind you need 600W minimum for the 8800GTS SLI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I've ordered from dabs.com/dabs4work.ie on many occasions in the past 6 years, always very good.

I've ordered from Komplett once, they were good too.

Personally, I'd go with dabs. I would also try overclockers.co.uk, sometimes they have very good deals. I've only ordered from them once, but they did have the fastest delivery time out of all of the places I bought stuff from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭pig on the wing

my choice is dabs, since they accept maestro (which i have), and komplett don't.

this is actually the one i had picked out from the start!

Its seasonic its 600W and it should? run 8800GTS sli?

link.

• Advertisement

I think I can skimp on the graphics card

link.

I was going to go for the the XFX XT edition but I have read reviews on the over clocked BFG and that seems to run all the games I play fine so I think I could save a bit on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

DeafVision wrote:
    Its seasonic its 600W and it should? run 8800GTS sli?

Tis a great PSU and should have no problems running two 8800's.

Advertisement