Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime Series Releases

Options
  • 25-02-2007 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Anyone else find that european Anime Series Releases are rediculess.
    I bought the first volume of GITS for €20 and all it has is 4 episodes and with 7 volumes thats €140 for just one series!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Stand alone complex, is it?
    €46.50 for the 1st series linky
    €46.50 for the 2nd series linky

thats not bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

America ahoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

What funny about Tower records is that you can pay €30 for one volume of anime while the boxset containing possibly 7 volumes will cost €80 pretty much saving you about €130!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Because it's such a niche market, the chances of you getting reasonable prices for anime TV series in high street stores is quite low.

Online is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

Im looking at the offers for Stand alone complex on amazon.co.uk and i'm getting a bit confused. What is this 2nd gig I see everywhere?

Am I right in saying that there is a GOTS , GITS 2:Innocense and Stand Alone Complex? Where does 2nd ig fit into all of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I think that's the second series of Stand Alone Complex.

Perhaps another poster can elaborate. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah, second series.

Ghost in The Shell (original film)
    Ghost in The Shell - Stand Alone Complex (first series)
    Ghost in The Shell 2 - Innocence (second film)
    Ghost in The Shell - Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG (second series) - continues on from first sort of, so it would be better to watch series one before two
    Ghost in The Shell - Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society (SAC film)

Then there's the Tachikoma specials which are little skits that came with the DVDs of the first series (perhaps only in Japan).

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

the tachikoma skits are on the thinpak of gitssac1.

although on general it is much cheaper to buy a region1 dvd player and import from america and its also quiker for releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The reviews of the SAC series 1 collection on Amazon indicate that there's some sort of delay/sync issue with the subs, voices and animation - has anyone got them and can they comment? I have a token burning a hole in my pocket but I don't want to pick up a sub-standard transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

i never noticed any problems with the sound or subs and ive watched the series 3or4 times

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SisterCheeba

The sync problem is with the first release of the original Ghost in the Shell movie, it's VERY noticeable and just about spoils the whole bloody thing. It's probably since been fixed on the re-release.

I have the SAC first series box set, and can't say I notcied any real sync problems there. They may have got their wires crossed on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah, the problem with synch issues for the film was particularly noticeable when a gun would shoot and the sound was clearly delayed. They did re-release it though and said it had been fixed.

Advertisement