Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get US channels

Options
  • 25-02-2007 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hello

Anyone know how I can get HBO, Fox etc if it is possible to do it from Ireland. I am mainly looking for Fox Sports

Regards
    matthew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Some of them are on Sky digital. Though not HBO or fox itself or fox sports :D Mostly news like Fox news.

I do not think you can get them here even by sat because the sat will always be over the US not over here and a sat needs line of sight which it will never have here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 digiman 2007

http://www.intelsat.com/network/satellite/

the coverage maps here seem to show the production of 2 beams from a satellite can anyone explain

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What is there to explain? Some of the transponders are targetted differently, thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The transponders with US channels on them amazingly are only on beams that point to USA. (CONUS beams).

The USA beams handle uplink of USA stuff of occasional news / feeds to Europe which come back down on the European beam.

Some satellites have more than 2 beams.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

watty wrote:
    Some satellites have more than 2 beams.

If you count the always differing footprints of H and V, all birds have more than 2 ;)

Astra 2D is the only modern major market consumer-targetted craft with only one beam, but its seriously special purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭remlap

MYOB wrote:
    If you count the always differing footprints of H and V, all birds have more than 2 ;)

Astra 2D is the only modern major market consumer-targetted craft with only one beam, but its seriously special purpose.

Astra 3A for Germany too mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

15W, "telstar12 has some US feeds (from what i've read), if you want US programming ... i know an easier way.. Get a UK FTV card and watch fiveUS on ch209

• Registered Users Posts: 25 troyblue

Fox Sports is on 16 East but I think it might be encrypted..Can't get it myself trees in the way:)

All fox is encrpted everywhere most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Enigma365

They would all be in encrypted I would imagine, even if you could get them. Don't you need a bigger dish(in radius) to pick up satellites that are further away?

Does anyone here have US channels on their tv(even US CNN or ABC/NBC/CBS)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Enigma365

http://www.ukfree.tv/helpme.php?faqid=74174

The site above deals with the topic. Sounds like you would need a pretty big dish to pick them up and even then they would be encrypted.

The only US TV is US shows shown by Local/European broadcasters. CNN, Blomberg, Fox News (Pay TV), ABC1(Pay TV) and possibly CNBC here are Europe versions.

Not even a very large dish can get a sniff on any US Direct to home.

Various satellites have occasional news, studio & sport feeds. Telstar12 @15W sometimes has MSNBC and sometimes ABC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement