Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go for dim sum?

• 25-02-2007 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Where can I get dim sum in dublin? i've gone to new world georges one chinese new year but it wasn't great. i live in lucan area ,i would travel most any place to try dim sum , my misses is part chinese and hasn't had proper dim sum in ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

China Sichuan Restaurant in Stillorgan. One of, if not, the best Chinese restaurants in Ireland. They're reservation only.

It's partly run by the Chinese Embassy I think.

Failing that, you could try any number of the umpteen places around Capel St./Moore St. They look like the real-deal and seem to cater for Asian ex-pats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

There are loads of Chinese restaurants around Capel St/Parnell St/Moore Street.
    I have to say I wouldn't know what to order if I went into one - they
    seem fairly hardcore (not your number 14 + a side of 47) kinda places.
    I'd say if your wife knew what she wanted, she could find it there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

olaola wrote:
    There are loads of Chinese restaurants around Capel St/Parnell St/Moore Street.
    I have to say I wouldn't know what to order if I went into one - they
    seem fairly hardcore (not your number 14 + a side of 47) kinda places.
    I'm fairly immobile at the minute due to a back problem, but when I recover I'm making it my sacred mission to check out some of those places.

Ross Golden-Bannon (food critic of the SBP) checked out a few around Moore St. and he found them pretty mind-blowing and cheap, espeically for sea-food, not many had menus in English, but they were more than happy to accomodate the Irish drop-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

The Good World (my fav)
    The Imperial
    The Millenium

They are all in town and are very western customer friendly. They will always give you a westernised menu so just ask for the chinese menu which has english translations and it's where all the dim sums are listed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I'm fairly immobile at the minute due to a back problem, but when I recover I'm making it my sacred mission to check out some of those places.

If you do, will you post on how you get on? I have to pull the finger out myself and try one of them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alias123

The Ming Court at Blanchardtown centre ,its near the buddah bar. We have gone twice now and tried the dim sum each time - its absolutly brill ,its as about as good as it gets ,and we've had it in china town in manchester and london. Don't ask me exactly which ones to pick as they are in chinese! (my wife orders them). But i would recommend giving it a try - they are helpful probaly would recommend some dishes if your new to dim sum. it also has the usual western style menu as well as the real hong kong style menu. What we also like about the restauraunt is there is plenty of space and the price is very reasonable. Try it!

Advertisement