Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moss

Options
  • 25-02-2007 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hello all.
    Does anyone know a handy way to get rid of moss from a tiled roof Without having to climb onto the roof.(bungalow with small tiles)
    Tks n adv.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭pjq

wait and let the summer sun do it
    pjq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

pjq wrote:
    wait and let the summer sun do it
    pjq
    Doesn't work! My East facing roof is covered in large clumps of moss all year round. I Tried spraying Mossgo but couldn't reach to soak it fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If you put a strip of copper on the ridge it will kill all moss/algae.
    You commonly see copper ridges for this reason.
    I suggest getting in contact with a copper gutter supplier and asking them for a copper ridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭nosmo-king

Thanks for the advice . The copper ridge is looking good at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

CJhaughey wrote:
    If you put a strip of copper on the ridge it will kill all moss/algae.
    You commonly see copper ridges for this reason.
    I suggest getting in contact with a copper gutter supplier and asking them for a copper ridge.

Blimey!!!! :eek:

That could save me a lot of hassle if it works ....... I have to go up every couple of years and brush my roof to remove loads of the $$$$$$ stuff ....:(

Does the width of the copper have to equal the full size of the ridge tile or could I just fit a Copper band along the top of the ridge? ..... say an inch or two wide .... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Other than the appearance and its slippy. Whats the downside to the moss or is that it?

Advertisement