Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers, Friday 2nd March?

Options
  • 25-02-2007 2:28pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, it's been months since a bunch of us got together specifically with the intent on putting ourselves on the outside of a load of beer, so I think it's time the issue was addressed.

I say next Friday (2nd of March) at around 7. Not decided on the pub yet, though I'm thinking along the lines of Beale Street Blues Bar, Franciscan Well, or The Slate.

Who's in?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

In my calendar. Earlier the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

im working so i cant make it im afraid,sound checking bands etc but i can through some concessions,passes your way if you want them for purgatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Sounds good - I'm on a week off. Say the Slate? I'm hanging for a mixed berry cider.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Yay, I should actually be able to drink by next Friday :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i'll be working till eleven and i roped myself into working the following morning coz im driving to dublin so you'll have to try to cope w/o my loudness

Tree wrote:
    i'll be working till eleven and i roped myself into working the following morning coz im driving to dublin so you'll have to try to cope w/o my loudness

Go for one. Go on. Go on. You know you want to. Just one. That's all.

I'm going to Dublin the next day too, and I'm going!

(Course I'm not driving, but that's not the point!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hells_Belle

I'm in! I like beer!

Except that a) I don't know where the Slate is, and b) last time I wandered in for board beers, I had no idea which table was the board beerers. Rolled up newspaper? Rose in the lapel? A hint? A clue?

Look for the drunks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Ah, what the hell. It's been too long since the Loud Shirt Signal was used for identification purposes - look for the crowd of obnoxious drunks including some muppet wearing a blue hawaiian shirt, that'll be my good self.

Edited to add: Attached is a Google Earth Screenshot showing where the Slate is in relation to such fine Cork Landmarks as the Peace Park and Hillbilly's.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Go for one. Go on. Go on. You know you want to. Just one. That's all.
    just one? you saw what i was like the last time i was driving in a severly tired state

Tree wrote:
    just one? you saw what i was like the last time i was driving in a severly tired state

Fine, feck ya so! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

dahamsta wrote:
    I'm going to Dublin the next day too, and I'm going!

(Course I'm not driving, but that's not the point!)

Sorry folks, but I can't make it this time around; I'd be the one driving ;)

I'm also chronically busy with work, but that's not really something I want to admit to choosing over beer!

You just did!

Right, I presume that people will still be in The Slate between 10 and midnight? I've to hit The Bailey (*shudder*) after work but I should be running/wobbling away from there as fast as... :)

I'll be there at 7 if one other person is. Heading out the door to Corcaigh in 15 mins! I hope Fysh doesn't get another advanced case of doziness.

Now, now...an afternoon snooze is a perfectly valid reason for standing you up, Adam :p

Afternoon, evening, night. :)

My mobile is here if anyone else is coming along.

TTFN,
    adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

nice to see ye all lastnight :D

My poor head :(

twas a good night :D

Jesus christ, what was I drinking? I went to the blog awards last night, had one pint and several glasses of water, and went home when it was over, still not 100% after the hangover!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

As I recall you were on Erdinger, but by the time we made it to the Cruiscin you seemed to be on a bit of a jolly....how was the nerdfestival, anyway?

As I remember it, we barely made it to the Cruiscin...Adam was intent on heading in the completely opposite direction :D

Define "a bit of a jolly"?

Nerdy. Very weird. Most Bizarre Moment went to the two podcasters interviewing each other, but there were plenty of others. I shouldn've just bitten the bullet and gone on the tear, it would've been a hoot locked.

If I can afford to sponsor it next year I think I'll arrive locked.

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    next year I think I'll arrive locked.
    thats the spirit! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

• Advertisement

dirty fecker :p

Advertisement