Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

portfolio advice needed

Options
  • 25-02-2007 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for some advice, I hope this is in the right forum,
    I am currently preparing a portfolio to apply to 2nd year of Vis Comm in the DIT.
    Previously I have done a PLC in Art and Design, A 2 year cert in Design from DIT and a FAS graphics for print media course,
    I have worked in desktop publishing for the last couple of years but I really want to go back to college and get a degree in Vis Comm.

I have stuff from over the years to include in my portfolio, But my work from the last few years is all digital, I am concerned that this might go against me, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for projects that aren't digital
    I feel I need to get back to basics,
    Any suggestions greatly accepted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭hot chick

Don't go with designer looking pieces (excuse the technical jargon :)) just use your most interesting pieces. ie. stand out. also think they like to see a bit of research development (photos, sketches, notes). i started here, did this , changed this, ended up here, eventually. Not sure what the limit is in DIT but it's usually 10-15 finished pieces + research. hope this helps, and hope you get it. You've come the long way, really hope it works out for you!

Advertisement