Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Subject?

Options
  • 25-02-2007 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

What is your favourite subject?

Biology all the way for me.

Favourite subject? 56 votes

English
    0% 0 votes
    Maths
    12% 7 votes
    Irish
    26% 15 votes
    Biology
    7% 4 votes
    Physics
    16% 9 votes
    Chemistry
    10% 6 votes
    Business
    5% 3 votes
    Geography
    3% 2 votes
    French
    10% 6 votes
    Other (specify)
    7% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Classics boi.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

And my girlfriend says art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

that's a tough one, apart from honours maths the ****ing bane of my life I like all my subjects...

I suppose my favourite would be what's easiest to get an A/B in, for this Accounting would be top of my list (around 18% of students get an A), Economics is another reliable one if you've got a good teacher to narrow it down, English is the most interesting but also one of the most demanding...

When it comes down to it French is my favourite! J'adore la langue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Halo

Economics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Applied Maths, but I picked Maths on the poll - it's be a close second anyway.

I love the problem solving in App Maths. It's such a brilliant subject - like Physics without all the rote-learning bollocks. As for maths, there are some fascinating concepts in it. Now I know I sound like a complete nerd, although I guess I am, but when the teacher explained differentiation to us last year I was awestruck by the brilliance of the concept. Same goes for the MacLaurin series. There are some boring concepts though like Statistics and Proof by Induction, however, which is why I like App Maths over it. App Maths is also a lot easier to do well in.

• Advertisement

Halo wrote:
    Economics

What a subject! Hard to believe only around 4,000 students take it!

Also one of the rare subjects in which more males than females get the higher grades.. Along with maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

English or Business

JC 2K3 wrote:
    App Maths is also a lot easier to do well in.

Surprising to hear bout I've heard this too!!...

Won't get me to touch either of them though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lauraxo

anyone have dare art history mock done?????????????????? have it 2muro n im dead!!!!!!!!!! ne hints??????????

love ya all help me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

lauraxo wrote:
    anyone have dare art history mock done?????????????????? have it 2muro n im dead!!!!!!!!!! ne hints??????????

love ya all help me!!!

You hurt my brain. You actually hurt my brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Maths. Or Art.

Maths is great because it's... well, I find it easy... I don't get the horrors of honours maths unless it's some surprise waiting in 6th year, but hopefully not. It's just nice, very little learning off, no essays to write. : )

Applied Maths is also nice 'cause it's easy and is a lot more relevant to the real world than normal maths. Still prefer maths though. Applied Maths seems too flawed. It appears to have real world applications, yet in almost all cases you couldn't actually use it for any purpose. Too many things are neglected. I realise that this would probably begin to be solved at college level with physics or whatnot, but it still strikes me as immensely messy when compared to maths.

Art I like because it's relaxing and .. you spend most classes just having a chat and drawing stuff. Can't fail that. The reason maths, for LC, would come over art is because the art history exam makes art a lot more stressful and also the fact that art is a terribly subjective thing to be examined in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

lauraxo wrote:

love ya all help me!!!

wel jeasus i tuk me art his egxam las wk n it wuz fekin ezeeeeeeee

jus lik luk ova d buk n yer grand

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Music. Need I explain why.

I used to find biology interesting but it started to get kinda tiresome after a while. I mean come on do we really want to know how yeast reproduces.

Economics is good as a subject but our teacher makes it really monotonous in class. Every class its just a case of going over notes on the overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

lauraxo wrote:

love ya all help me!!!
    I think it's English that you should be worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Like JC2K3, Applied Math, Pure Math and Physics.

love ya all help me!!!

Jesus H Christ - you're worse than the fúcking plague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Definitely biology. Its a big course but its student friendly and only a general understanding of the theory is involved, as opposed to the in-depth nitty gritty of some other subjects. Always a decent subject to get me in the mood for study

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I completely hate biology, but then, was left with no choice really but to take it..

Geography. Lovely course, a bit broad, but a good bit of it is common sense, that, or stuff done for the Junior Cert. Oh and 20% for the field study...easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Music....has to be one of the easiest classes to sidetrack a teacher in....by the time we'd the course done we knew our sub teacher's life history and I suppose most Music teachers that I know tend to be hot too!!!!!

Accounting was a nice subject too.....damn theory though...robbed me of my A1:mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 muse0232

hmm applied maths art and bio.I love biology physics can sometimes be very very intersting but usually its kinda boring too small scale.anyone go to that super string theory lecture thingy in ul a few weeks ago?
    hi by the way im new here.

I love the irony of maths winning the poll despite the stigma associated with it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Muisc, I love it, after that maybe Classics or English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

I like french but when it comes down to it Cheistry probably, it's the most interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I love the irony of maths winning the poll despite the stigma associated with it :)
    logically, that can probably be explained by the stigma of boardsies being nerds...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

cocoa wrote:
    logically, that can probably be explained by the stigma of boardsies being nerds...

So very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I love Biolgy and Music.Bohiemian Rapsody rocks!!

I love Biolgy and Music.Bohiemian Rapsody rocks!!

Word.

I've heard LC music destroys Bohemien Rhapsody for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Well the benefit of the [over] analysis allows people to really value the song and how long it took to record.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Not necessarily. Music is definitely one of the most student-friendly subjects there is, and Bohemian Rhapsody is the most likeable of the 4 set works. Its a song that I've certainly enjoyed studying and analysing. Hope it comes up as a 25 mark question, its well overdue :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Leaving Cert Religion is my favourite for now anyway, it's actually really interesting.

Advertisement