Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dating

• 25-02-2007 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Alright, im a 16 year old male, it was around this time last year that i broke up with my girlfriend two years, we met when we were both 14, i have heard the whole were too young to be in a serious relationship but we didnt care and we knew we were right for each other, the reason we broke up was because after her parents split up, her mum was offereda job a county over the other side of the county that payed twice as much as she was earning in dublin, and of course they moved and her mum had custody over the kids, we tried the whole long distance thing, and we couldnt handle it as we were the type of couple that couldnt go with out seeing each oter, even though she came to dublin once a month to spend time with her dad but that time was spent with her dad, so we came to the conclusion that it wasnt working, so the plan was that after her leaving she would be moving back to dublin for college and we said we would give it another try then

anyway were still close and i do still have a lot of feelings for her but we decided that it would be ok for us to see other people for now, she told me that she started going out with someone recently, i was slightly bothered by it but got over it anyway, i no longer seem to have the same confidence around women, when me and my ex met it was at a gig a played and i just went up to her and started talking and then asked her out, but now i wouldnt even think of going up to someone i liked, most of the people that i hang around are going out with people from the same group that were friends with first, i personlly think thats kinda of immature in a way, and im not really attracted to any of the girls i hang around with, i looking for tips on how to approach girls when looking to ask them out, and how to do it with out feeling guilty or that im doing the wrong thing

sorry for the long winded explanation, and i dont even know if this is in the wrong place, and i dont know if i got the message across but please try and help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

why feel guilty? you split nearly a year ago. you need to move on because when she eventually returns to dublin you'll still think you can pick things up where you left them off and thats unlikely to happen tbh.
    and what if she does? will you cut ties with a new gf for this girl?
    best advice for approaching girls is be friendly, helpful and honest/up front. strick up a conversion based on your surroundings and use humour.
    pay her a honest compliment that is a little bit irregular or personal to her.
    if she seems keen tell her you'd like to get to know her better then ask for a number.
    oh and dont talk too much about your ex with any new girl. they'll feel like you're not over her.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Unreg??? wrote:
    when me and my ex met it was at a gig a played and i just went up to her and started talking and then asked her out, help.
    You still do gigs? Why not meet someone new the same way?

Advertisement