Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Chelsea

• 25-02-2007 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I like the way Andy Gray always goes on about giving the striker the benefit of the doubt yet Drogba was clearly offside to him. It's hard to see from this image but from the angle on the other side of the pitch (on Sky) they looked on line. Hardly anything between them anyway.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4964/drogbagoaljk4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

just off imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

240 million worth of footballers being outplayed and embarrassed by an under 11 side.
    Pool fans be happy with the way this is going :)

Decent game Chelsea have to come into it at some stage, 2 shots or so in the 1st half, Arsenal dominating poss and shots.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

county wrote:
    just off imo
    Nope. Sky just showed the other angle again. Clearly onside. Gray saw this angle when commentating. He should drop this "benefit of the doubt to the striker" line if he thinks Drogba is offside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Incoming Cellary?! As a Pool fan I don't really care! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Terry knocked out cold ?! Looks bad.

• Advertisement

Terry knocked out bleeding form face after an awful kick in the face by Toure.

hes out cold and i be worried that was an awful kick in the face.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

That looked absolutely horrendous. Not only the kick in the face, but looked like when he hit the deck he bounced his head off the ground.

That looked absolutely horrendous. Not only the kick in the face, but looked like when he hit the deck he bounced his head off the ground.

Think it was he was out cold mid air and just flumped down. Sky wont show that again until they know hes alright it was ****ing horrible.

kdjac

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

some kick, you could see he was out before he hit the ground..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Bad accident alright, thought it was Diaby.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That was a full force hoof to the chin. Dangerous.

nasty alright,looks a bad injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Anyone got audio to this, I cant understand Mandarin!!
    Nasty kick, hope Tel is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kleb on Diaby off.

Mike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Very nasty challenge. Hope he is ok. Purely accidental from Diaby though.

"terry gone to hospital very groggy and memory problems"

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

worst part was when he hit the ground obviously out cold and you could see his arm twitching. The players around him started panicing then.

Have to admit it was a bit distressing to watch :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Drogba,2-1

2-1 chelsea

• Advertisement

7 mins of injury time

Only 7 minutes added?Thought it'd be more tbh

oh no,its all kicking off

Shame really,what the hell was Mourinho doing running on?He'd no right.

Mikel off,Toure off,Adebeyor off.

Toure and Obi sent off, only those 2 :eek:

kdjac

Adebayor too , anyone else???

kdjac

bloody hell 3 sent off:eek:

Adebayor wont leave the field,digging a hole for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

100 mins...wow

• Advertisement

Game overrrrrrr,what a game

chelsea win 2-1

Good game terrys injury seemed to affect arsenal more than Chelsea, but it should have been over in the 1st half. Cech pretty much saved it for Che.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Seeing a replay, I think Mikel and Toure were unlucky to get sent off, and Fabregas was a little fortunate to stay on. I think Mikel should've gotten a yellow for pulling Toure, and I think if Toure's reaction was isolated and there were no other players getting involved, it would have been a yellow as well. It looked to me like they were two of the least involved players in the mass brawl.
    Fabregas got right in, he and Lampard got into a fight that was worse than Mikel/Toure. I think he was lucky only to get a yellow.
    I tried to keep my eye on Adebayor in the replay. He was certainly one of the more involved players, but I didn't see any particular instance of violent behavior. He could be in trouble for not leaving the field, and appearing to hurl abuse at the officials on the way off. Bridge was left on the deck after it all, but I couldn't see what happened to him at all, did anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm fairly sure this will be looked at by the FA, because Fab and Lampard were given yellow cards they might get away with it, but I'd imagine they could get done for one of the many things the ref didn't see. I think Bridge was downed by Adebayor, although I'm not sure, I just assume thats the reason he was sent off.

Terry took an incredible whack, hope he recovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Ya, they seemed to be pouring water on Bridge's head; a blood injury? There appeared to be vaseline on his hair after it as well. Didn't see what happened either with him.

I was surpised when Adebayor was shown the red, didnt see what he did. Was hopin Lampard would be sent off for the laugh, but didnt happen.

Also Mourinho coming on was rediculous, thought Wenger was gonna have a go at him!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Hope Terry is ok.

Good game I thought, if not the all-time classic that Sky seemed to be making it out to be. Disappointed Arsenal lost but I was expecting that; I didn't expect them to out-play Chelsea for such long periods though, which is very encouraging. It would have been nice to cap the cup-run with a trophy, and the suspensions may cause problems, but in the long-term I think this game could prove to be quite beneficial.

I wonder how long Adebayor will be suspended for? I haven't seen what it was for, but presumably it must have been violent conduct of some kind, and coupled with his postal reaction and refusal to leave the pitch, could mean he's out for a while. Gives Baptista and Aliadiere more time to impress I suppose, they worked hard today but it didn't quite come off for them.

Toure getting suspended is probably no bad thing really. He badly needs a rest, and can get one now that Gallas is back. Fingers crossed Diaby's injury doesn't keep him out for long; he had his best game since returning from his previous injury - some great surging runs and tackling. Great goal by Theo, Traore had a really good game too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

What was Adebayor sent off, I have seen the replays and I can't see what he did, well more than any player,if anyone should have went it should have Fabregas and Lampard imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

The latest on Terry is that he swallowed his tongue.He's undergoing some scans but at the moment there doesnt appear to be serious damage,thankfully.Hope he makes a quick recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Good news there doesn't appear to be any serious damage, fair play to Chelsea physio he raced on straight away and seemed to act immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

Just watching SSN there,JT is back at the stadium.Great to see

• Advertisement

I wonder how long Adebayor will be suspended for? I

3 games if it was violent conduct.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i know, just like that other fella that ran on.
    you know, the guy that manages aresnal.....

or did you get wenger like vision and not see it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Eboue - Ivory Coast
    Adeyabor - Togo
    Mikel - Nigeria

All three players sent off were African which shows the huge amount of talent from the continent that was on display in both sides today.

I thought Fabregas should have gone above anyone else. He sparked the whole thing off more than anyone.

An entertaining match nonetheless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Wenger came on after JM, and didnt get invloved by seperating players and all that..

Pity about the result but a fantastic cup run for the young players of the team. A huge match now on wednesday against blackburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I see its Adebayor's 23rd birthday tomorrow?

Happy birthday!

I got him a card...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

it looked to me like Wenger was only on to keep tabs on Moaninho (looked to me like Mourinho went straight to pull off the Arsenal boys rather than talk his own crowd into calming down?), although to be honest the presence of either could have made things worse and they both should have been among the disciplined by the officials i feel. the Technical area is marked out for a reason.

pretty crap ending to an otherwise pretty good match. sickened to see Chelsea win it though. They were full of professional and cynical fouls as per usual. And when Adebayor went was clean through that time he was no more offside than Drogba was for his goal.

also did anyone else think that Essien was lucky not to get a red for that awful challenge on Baptista? I also though Diarra was lucky not to have picked up another card in the run of things too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

looked to me like Mourinho went straight to pull off the Arsenal boys

sexy...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

sexy...;)
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wenger too.

Anyone got a link to a video replay of Terry's injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eirebhoy wrote:
    I like the way Andy Gray always goes on about giving the striker the benefit of the doubt yet Drogba was clearly offside to him. It's hard to see from this image but from the angle on the other side of the pitch (on Sky) they looked on line. Hardly anything between them anyway.
    Yeah, I said the exact same thing when watching the match yesterday. I think he was just p1ssed off that the Multi Million Pound Chelsea Superstar Team had just scored against the Arsenal Infants. It makes you laugh though, commentators are always harping on about referees not being consistant with their decisions while they're just as bad. Another thing that I noticed Gray do a couple of times was, he'd make a snap decision on something but when the replay was shown and it showed that he was wrong he wouldn't back down. I suppose that's the same as the Drogba goal but he was doing it all game.

also did anyone else think that Essien was lucky not to get a red for that awful challenge on Baptista? I also though Diarra was lucky not to have picked up another card in the run of things too.
    Essien's challenge was definitely a borderline red especially after the challenge just before but I reckon the ref gave him the benefit of the doubt judging it to be clumsy more than vicious. As for Diarra, he should've gotten a yellow earlier on in the game for a cynical obstruction and IIRC he got a yellow for the same thing later on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement