Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Chelsea

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Haven't seen the replay but Arseblogger is saying Eboue slapped Bridge in the back of the head who hit the floor. That is what Adebayor was sent off for, referee couldn't tell two black guys apart.

No doubt Adebayor's card won't be rescinded and he'll probably get a further ban for having a fit when he got sent off. Though if you were wrongly sent off in injury time of a couple final when you're chasing an equaliser I'm sure you'd be fairly pissed off too. Eboue will get a ban if the replays can prove it was him too, he's a bit of a spa so no arguments there. Cup final was a bit of a disaster for Arsenal in the end, if only league cup red cards only led to bans in the league cup...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it was definately Eboue that hit Wayne Bridge

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

DaveMcG wrote:
    Wenger too.

Anyone got a link to a video replay of Terry's injury?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERXgr5lZ00

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

The FA will probably add to adebayour's ban and then give Eboue an ban aswell.

"is it tis 'm black"?

jank wrote:

"is it tis 'm black"?

Yeah I remember that happened at an FA cup game I was at a few years ago. Sheff Utd in the 4th round. There was a coming together in the middle of the pitch... not quite on the same scale as yesterday's. Bergkamp pushed somebody (probably worth of a yellow card, definitely nothing more) and then Reyes slapped somebody in the face. Bergkamp was sent off and Reyes stayed. Afterwards they upheld Bergkamp's red card and banned Reyes for 3 games. Very predictable. The incident was sparked by a dreadful tackle by one of the Sheff Utd players who obviously escaped with a yellow or less (can't remember), and managed to avoid any blame for the tackle because somebody took a slap in the face.

A few friends were joking earlier about the is it cos i'm black thing. The two players most worthy of red cards in the incident were cesc and Lampard who both escaped with yellows and the ref sent all the black players off :eek: Time to play the race card methinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Y3OMNQ1zc

You can have a look at the eboue incident there which really was **** all.
    The second eboue touches him bridge screams at the linesman for "help"!

I thought someone gave him a proper punch or something yet bridge got "treatment" for a good 3 minutes.

jank wrote:

"is it tis 'm black"?

cos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

You can have a look at the eboue incident there which really was **** all.
    The second eboue touches him bridge screams at the linesman for "help"!

In all fairness, Eboue deserves a straight red, he hit Bridge in the head. Whether or not Bridge was right to stay down for 3 minutes is another question, but its an awfully long time unless your really got a whack in the wrong place.

Eboue should get a 3 match ban without a doubt, so should Adebayour too, while he may not have hit bridge, he took a couple of swings during the general melee. His ban will without a doubt be upheld
    Cesc and Lampard deserved to go, and they still might get a ban, as the ref might say he didn't see them fighting each other.

There will probably also be a team fine and a warning.

PHB wrote:
    so should Adebayour too, while he may not have hit bridge, he took a couple of swings during the general melee.

Ummm, no he didn't. Adebayor didn't hit or attempt to hit anybody. He tried to push a few chelsea players away from cesc when he first comes in but after that he is very composed... untill he gets his red card. The ref just plain sent off the wrong man.

Regardless of that there is no way in hell his ban will be rescinded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

Ummm, no he didn't. Adebayor didn't hit or attempt to hit anybody. He tried to push a few chelsea players away from cesc when he first comes in but after that he is very composed... untill he gets his red card. The ref just plain sent off the wrong man.

Regardless of that there is no way in hell his ban will be rescinded.
    Very composed?Like when he grabs Drogba for no apparent reason and Fabregas drags him away?Hardly composed.Deserves a 3 match ban if not more imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jVWbe1WgHk

You see him steaming in and then throwing a couple of punches with his left fist at Lampard,albeit fairly soft punches.

Bridge should have gotten a yellow for play acting and Eboue a red for raising his hands against another player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Anam wrote:
    You see him steaming in and then throwing a couple of punches with his left fist at Lampard,albeit fairly soft punches.

i see him come in and man handle a few of the chelsea players but not throw punches, and by the end of it it kinda looks to me like he's trying to break things up between cesc and drogba. his offense was not really much worse than Lampards really, who also came flying over into Toure when things sparked off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Lampard and Fabregas should have been sent off as well. The only thing that was "missed" booking wise was eboue should also have got a red card.

Adebayor and Fabregas at least lived up to their name as "kids".

Anam wrote:
    Very composed?Like when he grabs Drogba for no apparent reason and Fabregas drags him away?Hardly composed.Deserves a 3 match ban if not more imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jVWbe1WgHk

Bridge should have gotten a yellow for play acting and Eboue a red for raising his hands against another player.

punches? hardly, he tried to seperate lampard from the rest. Lampard was the 3rd man in to it all he should have gone..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Always amazes me how whenever there is a bit of pushing and shoving on the pitch between two big teams, it becomes classed as a 'brawl', and the slightest contact becomes a 'punch' etc.

A host of yellows and a single red for Eboue (letter of the law, stupid as it is) would have been sufficient. Toure is the most deserving of a booking for his stupid reaction that sparked the whole thing. Lampard and Fabregas too, for being such Lampards. They were only trying to break it up but were stupid about it and made it worse. Same for Adebayor and Carvalho. 'throwing punches' hahaha what are you like.

The Eboue - Bridge incident is particularly hilarious. Bridge flicks the ball out of Eboue's hand to try and waste time, in response Eboue gives Bridge what can only really be described as a slight clip on the base of his neck/upper back as he starts to walk off. Bridge turns around, sees Lampard (it is this sight that presumeably provides the inspiration for his coming theatrics) and after a pause, screams, and collapses to the ground, holding the top of his head. Perhaps there was some kind of nerve damage in his neck that caused him to get confused and hold the wrong part of his body in apparent agony, but Eboue's clip was so light that Bridge wouldn't even have gotten a bruise. Not to be out acted or dived, Eboue proceeds to flop over on top of Bridge in a comical starfish posture.

The funniest part of the whole sub-incident was that it happened right in front of Lampard, who shows no interest and casually walks off despite poor Wayne screaming in such pain in front of him.

Always amazes me how whenever there is a bit of pushing and shoving on the pitch between two big teams, it becomes classed as a 'brawl', and the slightest contact becomes a 'punch' etc.

A host of yellows and a single red for Eboue (letter of the law, stupid as it is) would have been sufficient. Toure is the most deserving of a booking for his stupid reaction that sparked the whole thing. Lampard and Fabregas too, for being such Lampards. They were only trying to break it up but were stupid about it and made it worse. Same for Adebayor and Carvalho. 'throwing punches' hahaha what are you like.

The Eboue - Bridge incident is particularly hilarious. Bridge flicks the ball out of Eboue's hand to try and waste time, in response Eboue gives Bridge what can only really be described as a slight clip on the base of his neck/upper back as he starts to walk off. Bridge turns around, sees Lampard (it is this sight that presumeably provides the inspiration for his coming theatrics) and after a pause, screams, and collapses to the ground, holding the top of his head. Perhaps there was some kind of nerve damage in his neck that caused him to get confused and hold the wrong part of his body in apparent agony, but Eboue's clip was so light that Bridge wouldn't even have gotten a bruise. Not to be out acted or dived, Eboue proceeds to flop over on top of Bridge in a comical starfish posture.

The funniest part of the whole sub-incident was that it happened right in front of Lampard, who shows no interest and casually walks off despite poor Wayne screaming in such pain in front of him.

Nicely summed up.

Does the incident deserve that 3 Arsenal players get banned over it as most likely will happen. No way in hell!

Eboue needs to cut that **** out or his time at the club will be short lived.

• Advertisement

I did acknowledge that it was fairly light punches to be fair.And thats how it looks to me at about 11/12 seconds into the clip.Not unlike what Eboue did to Bridge.He then proceeds to throw his toys out of the pram when he gets the red.IMO,his conduct deserves the 3 match ban.

No doubt it was all handbags but if you raise your hands like that to a player,regardless of whether its a faint slap or whatever,its still a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

He then proceeds to throw his toys out of the pram when he gets the red.IMO,his conduct deserves the 3 match ban.

No doubt it was all handbags but if you raise your hands like that to a player,regardless of whether its a faint slap or whatever,its still a red.

You've gotten confused here, it was Adebayor who was sent off.

In fairness to Adebayor, I think I might have reacted the same, a few minutes left in a Cup final, a goal down, and you get sent off for trying to calm down your team mates.

Eboue I think brought that reaction from Bridge on himself, as he has been known to do that sort of thing himself. As for Bridge, I didn't think he was like that, and he has lost my respect.

Roddy23 wrote:
    As for Bridge, I didn't think he was like that, and he has lost my respect.

Practically every footballer is like that, it's becoming a complete joke at this stage.

Don't want to go off on a rant but just look at rugby. No diving (well, have seen it once or twice ever), play acting, feigning injury, intimidation of referees. When there is a fight somebody actually gets punched instead of a little pushing here and there, footballers can't even fight properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Where are the days gone where Men would get up, so as not to show weakness in front of fellow professional competitors?

Now its like they're competing to be the most pathetic. Imagine having your son, or family see you go down like that.

The Eboue - Bridge incident is particularly hilarious. Bridge flicks the ball out of Eboue's hand to try and waste time, in response Eboue gives Bridge what can only really be described as a slight clip on the base of his neck/upper back as he starts to walk off.

The contact might have been, but that is only because of Eboue's ineptitude. He tried to punch him in the head, he just failed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

PHB wrote:
    The contact might have been, but that is only because of Eboue's ineptitude. He tried to punch him in the head, he just failed.

regardless Bridge's play acting shouldn't go unpunished. That type of crap is just as bad for the image of the game as the brawl (in fact i'd say worse meself)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

regardless Bridge's play acting shouldn't go unpunished. That type of crap is just as bad for the image of the game as the brawl (in fact i'd say worse meself)

That aint gonna happen. If it did you would have to punish players in every single game and I cant see them doing that now.

PHB wrote:
    lol, that is quite possibly the biggest load of bollocks you've ever posted, and that takes some doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

lol, that is quite possibly the biggest load of bollocks you've ever posted, and that takes some doing.
    ouch!

Originally Posted by Pepe LeFrits

Ohhh, poor thing, it must be tough to live in a world of self-delusion.
    What exactly happens at 0:12 in this movie?
    Are you actually denying that Eboue went to hit Bridge in the head? Cause if you are, it's actually laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Lads cop on with the barbs.

Or smacks will occur.

PHB wrote:
    Ohhh, poor thing, it must be tough to live in a world of self-delusion.
    What exactly happens at 0:12 in this movie?
    Are you actually denying that Eboue went to hit Bridge in the head? Cause if you are, it's actually laughable.

hardly a punch though which is what you said, his arm is outstretched and he nudges bridge with the back of it, it is nothing like a 'punch'. in fairness to him bridge started it by knocking the ball out of his hands and then dropped to the ground after being brushed on the head. I can't believe he kept a straight face in that interview after letting on to be injured for so long over nothing....

Hey, I'm not saying Bridge didn't fake it completely, but to suggest that he nudged him is just plain old silly.

Eboue was in the wrong by trying to punch him
    Bridge was in the wrong in faking injury

PHB wrote:
    Hey, I'm not saying Bridge didn't fake it completely, but to suggest that he nudged him is just plain old silly.

How can you punch someone with an arm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

jank wrote:
    How can you punch someone with an arm?
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote:
    :rolleyes:
    My what big eyes you have.

I think it is clear that PHB and numerous others don't understand the meaning of the word 'punch'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

psi wrote:
    Lads cop on with the barbs.

Or smacks will occur.

just make sure those smacks land. i dont want to have to fall over and clutch the wrong part of my body and then get people banned form the site.

just make sure those smacks land. i dont want to have to fall over and clutch the wrong part of my body and then get people banned form the site.
    roffle :D

PHB wrote:

I'm not being smart I just really can't believe you are calling that a punch. His arm is outstretched and he pushes it to the right without any backswing, there is no power at all in it. I'd call it a nudge or a push. I've dished out worse trying to get to the bar on a night out! I'd say you could take 100s of those 'punches' before you even noticed someone was 'hitting' you..

I'd say you could take 100s of those 'punches' before you even noticed someone was 'hitting' you..

Maybe you could, but that was to do with Eboue being crap at it. He went to punch him in the head. Whether or not he succedded is not the question. That was his intent.
    Do you honastly think Eboue went to 'push' or 'nugde' him in the head? Do you honastly think that was Eboue's intention?

Lads,regardless of whether it was a punch or not,Eboue raised his hands to another player,thus should have been red carded.Also,on SSN I saw the initial Adebayour incident from the reverse angle,apologies lads looks like I wrong,though I do think the clip I showed was open to interpretation.

Advertisement