Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bedroom door

Options
  • 25-02-2007 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

this may not be the place to post so sorry if i'm wrong. basic story is my bedroom door was locked and my friend lost the key. i needed stuff and had to have the door kicked in. but the frame on the inside of the door came off. the lock is broken as well. i'm in a rented apartment so i want to get it fixed so i dont lose my deposit. it's a wooden door and frame. i'm no good with types and specifics so there's not much for me to describe. who would be the best to ring to get it fixed? i'm in galway city. thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

The part of the frame that came away,can you see if you can glue it back on with some woodglue or some pva adhesive. As your glueing back on get some nail pins to keep part of wood in place while glue is setting. Take lock out of door and bring it to a hardware near you and get a replacement. Fill the frame with some polyfiller and sanddown and undercoat and gloss.

If you do a good enough job you might never know it was broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

no the frame shattered into a few big pieces and lots of small pieces. i cant put it back together wihtout it looking like a child fixed it! thanks for the suggestion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Any chance of a pic of damage.

Advertisement