Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

monoblock lnb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Work of the devil, monobloc, meant for Germany etc.
    Built in Diseqc. Better with a bar and 2, 3 or 4 LNBs, and separate 4-way Disqec, even if only having 2 LNBs now.

* You can add 28.2 good foir Free TV

* Monoblock assumes an exact type of matching dish of partitcular size, or else the spacing is wrong, which can't be adjusted..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Maplin also sell those LNBs (with 6 degrees of separation). Their website isn't working too well at the moment, so I can't post a link.

Was gonna get one meself, and then decided to get a multi LNB bracket as per watty's suggestion. But then discovered that the scope of one of those is still limited and a motor is really what's needed. The interesting stuff is from 28.2E all the way around to 34.5W or so, which is too wide for a multi bracket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Thanks for the reply Watty. I'll go with the seperate lnb's so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Yeah I seen one on maplins.co.uk but it was expensive compared to ebay. I'll search for a multi lnb holder and give that a go. Maybe a motor when I get a bit more experienced with it all :D .

Good explanation on the Airis thread re the maps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

Funnily enough I was in Maplin yesterday looking at monoblocs (Have an 80 cm dish on the new house pointed at 19E with a Duff LNB -Want to get either a monobloc or dual LNB so I can have 13 and 19) but I reckoned £40 was a bit steep ???

Can anyone recommend a good dual LNB mount (have a couple of spare LNB's and a DiSEQ switch lying around or is there a more reasonably priced monobloc out there ?

• Advertisement

JHMEG wrote:
    Maplin also sell those LNBs (with 6 degrees of separation). Their website isn't working too well at the moment, so I can't post a link.

Was gonna get one meself, and then decided to get a multi LNB bracket as per watty's suggestion. But then discovered that the scope of one of those is still limited and a motor is really what's needed. The interesting stuff is from 28.2E all the way around to 34.5W or so, which is too wide for a multi bracket.

They are only 6 degrees on the correct dish. Otherwise more or less. On one dish I know, they give 3 degrees!

A 90cm can just about do 21 degrees, ie. 7E to 28.2, is just possible with Dish pointed at 16.

A Wavefrontier (1/2 the price in Germany as UK/ROI) T90 will do slightly more than 40 degrees (45?).

A motorised dish is slower but allows about 120 degrees (more is too close to horizon, often). A motorised dish only good for one receiver. An actuator or 36V motor will be faster or larger dish than Diseqc motor powered on coax.

The multi-lnb on one or several dishes suits a multi-receiver setup, such as two sets of Diseqc switches or Multiswitch from 8 receivers to 1000.

Multi-LNB is obviously much faster for channel change.

The monoblock is specifically designed for specific dishes for the german market. I have a 19 / 23 monoblock also for Geman market with Quad outlets. It can't be used for Badr(Arab) 25.5 & 28.2 Digibox unless you mount it upside down as Sky can't diseqc switch and the lower number is default (1) if no switching is done.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There was an article on Monoblocks in the most recent TeleSatellite magazine.

They were more or less saying what Watty has said, that their seperation can be wrong depending on your geographical location, and the dish used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

pissed wrote:
    Good explanation on the Airis thread re the maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Uncle Grueber

Hi,
    I have a question regarding receiving multiple satellite signals. Originally I was looking for a dish solution that would receive both 13.0°E & 28.2°E. But now I've been tempted with the possibility of receiving 13.0°E, 19.2°E, 23.5°E & 28.2°E.

Watty mentioned the WaveFrontier T90 as a possible solution earlier. I was wondering if the WaveFrontier T55 would suffice (The T90 looks too large in comparison as my house is exposed to high winds). I'm looking to connect the feeds from 4 lnbs to 2 decoder boxes. Would this offer on eBay provide what's required? (FYI, I'm based in Wexford.)

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-Wavefrontier-DS55-Multibeam-Focus-Dish-TWIN-Kit_W0QQitemZ160096612724QQcategoryZ29783QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Also, I've read criticisms regarding the small pole fixture size and the LNB mounting rail of the T55 online. Any advice of my situation or alternatives would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The eBay seller is offering everything you need (except boxes cable etc), though I think the TD55 would be too small for reliable reception in bad weather.

I say go for the TD90. Better rain margin. The dish doesn't neccessarily need to be very high. It just needs an unblocked line of sight to the sky (eg no trees or walls blocking signal path).

• Advertisement

Yep I'm going to get a Wave frontier. The 13, 19, 23.5, 28.2 on a normal fixed dish does work, but a couple of sky channels "breakup". also 26, 16 or 10 not possible on normal dish instead of 23.5.

searching with
    http://www.preisroboter.de/ (Price Robot?)

gives
    http://www.satshop24.de/cgi-bin/satshop24/iboshop.cgi?show1220,45107843414649
    And
    http://www.satshop24.de/cgi-bin/satshop24/iboshop.cgi?showd1220!0,45107843414649,T90
    €104

These folk any good for Shipping to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 happyhammer

watty wrote:
    Yep I'm going to get a Wave frontier.

Did you order one? be interested in your findings

Not yet... But I will

I made an order for a WaveTorodial T90 and some other stuff through satshop24.de, but when I got no confirmation of the order I sent them an email. After over a week, I still got no response from them. So I ordered the same equipment from hm-sat.de instead.

The cost was slightly higher than satshop24, but it arrived in about 4 working days from time of order. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Rippy

Do let us know how you get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 happyhammer

QUOTE: So I ordered the same equipment from hm-sat.de instead.

did you go with the €139 dish, 4 lnb and a disecq offer? did it come with a mounting plate?

cheers

did you go with the €139 dish, 4 lnb and a disecq offer? did it come with a mounting plate?

cheers

No, as I already had an octo lnb & 2 quad lnbs, I just ordered a Wave TORODIAL T90 for €119.00, (2x) Maximum DiSEqC 4x1 Switches for €26.00, a bunch of F-connectors and some satellite grade coax cable.

I haven't checked out the contents of the dish package, so I don't know if there's a mounting plate with it. I'll have a better idea at the weekend when I attempt to install it. I have a feeling there may be one or two problems as I've read that it needs to mount on a 60mm pole.

Advertisement