Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longest 'Long' Subject?

Options
  • 25-02-2007 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

What's the longest of the long'uns??

These subjects which are infamous for having ridiculously lengthy courses.. but which is the longest?? or seems the longest for you at least..

What's the Longest Course? 26 votes

Business Studies
    0% 0 votes
    Biology
    15% 4 votes
    Chemistry
    19% 5 votes
    Economics
    7% 2 votes
    Home Economics
    7% 2 votes
    Art History
    7% 2 votes
    History
    3% 1 vote
    Music
    38% 10 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I would have had English up there too.

But I went for history. Tis a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cheerio

Yep history, English and maths I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I said art history. I would say, though, because it's only 37% of the art paper, it would be completely illogical for it to be longer than full courses like history etc.
    However, for what little part of the exam it is, it's far too long. I'd say they could easily make it into a full subject on its own if they just took what we currently have to learn and added a bit more detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

History by a country mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Eh, Classical Studies mebbe?

4 Chosen topics (out of a possible 10), with at least 7 primary texts to cover with our choices...
    Not to mention the amount of questions that can be asked.
    2 essay style questions oin each topic must be answered,
    with ridiculous detail needed at times...

Great subject but the course is daunting sometimes...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

English I'm afraid for me, well not so much for the state exams when they're split into two papers but for our christmas and summer exams the teachers seem to think we can do paper 1 and paper 2 in 2 hours and 50 minutes ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Definitely history, so much irrelevant information that won't help you in the exam since you only get to answer one question on each individual textbook. That said, you could work the system to your benefit by taking a few popular topics, learning them inside out and then hoping against hope they come up in the Leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

HL Irish, it's unbelievable. Don't do Histroy but have heard a few people go on about it!! I voted 4 business though.

Advertisement