Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm Confused again!!!

• 25-02-2007 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I posted on here about a week or two ago about a girl I quite fancied in work but was struggling to decide if she wanted more than to be just friends. Anyway last night after work I text her to ask if she wanted to go for a drink with me and another work mate who had asked me out with his mates and I didn’t want to be stuck with a load of strangers all night.

She said yea she'd come out to keep me company and after the pub we went to a club to meet some mutual friends. Things seemed to be going great we basically spent all of the time in the pub chatting to each other and not bothering with anyone else she was also being quite touchy feely with me and in the club she seemed to be all over me dancing and everything then at the bar she said she was going to the toilet which was all fine then I went down too and saw she was on the phone so I went in and did my bit and when I came out she was gone, then I got a text from her saying that she was feeling a bit sick and was getting a taxi home but to enjoy my night!

I found this quite strange I taught she seemed interested but then this happens and im pretty sure she was fine and that it was an excuse but for what im also pretty sure she went straight home! What’s the deal here am I just being strange and reading into things too much or what. It’s annoying me more than I expected because I really like the girl!

PS: Sorry for the long post!:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Its entirely possible that she was just telling you the truth. She may have been sick while in the bathroom and decided to go home.

Go to work tomorrow and ask her how she is feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

The thing is i wont see her again until next Friday, i text her today but haven’t heard anything from her yet.

Your probably right I’ve a habit of reading far to deep into stupid little things like this! A terrible affliction :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Maybe there was a personal issue at home, she didn't want to tell you (I'm not implying it's bad, but it could be something very personal) So she made an excuse to leave.

So if it was an excuse, or if it was the truth, either way, it's probably not a bad thing. You should just carry on and see how it goes. If it keeps happening, question her on it, but don't make it a big issue, just soemthing you've picked up on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I find it odd that she didn't say she was sick to you (as in to you personally) before she left. Even though she did text you I would find it a bit rude she just left you there.

Be wary but give her the benefit of the doubt for the time being. If anything else odd like this happens often then I think you know where you stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I find it odd that she didn't say she was sick to you (as in to you personally) before she left.
    Depending on how things went in the bathroom, she may have been left in a position where it would have been embarassing to face the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

dceire wrote:
    then at the bar she said she was going to the toilet which was all fine then I went down too and saw she was on the phone so I went in and did my bit and when I came out she was gone, then I got a text from her saying that she was feeling a bit sick and was getting a taxi home but to enjoy my night!
    Well, it could be that she was sick, or she had second thoughts about getting involved with you? Why don't you enquire as to how she is feeling, and if she would like to go out again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Well, it could be that she was sick, or she had second thoughts about getting involved with you? Why don't you enquire as to how she is feeling, and if she would like to go out again?

Simple, effective and will tell you what you want to know. Try talking rather than texting though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

A freind of mine told me today that he saw her in tesco 2 hours after she had left the club not really sure what to make of this but im a bit pissed off that she left like that!

Advertisement