Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car auctions in cork

Options
  • 25-02-2007 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    where abouts and what times in cork are the car auctions held?
    a link to google maps would also be great if possible ( im lost down here )
    i figure this is a better place to ask instead of the motors section but please move if necessary!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

google doesn't like me today. Afaik there's auctions every Tuesday at the showgrounds. I think East Cork Car Auctions have one once a month in Carrigtwohill too. I wasn't able to find any info on google though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

google didnt work too well for me either with this search, was able to find the showgrounds though. no info on the website about car auctions there. anyone else have any more precise info???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I don't have precise info since a friend of mine told me not to bother with the car auctions in cork, apparently they aren't as good as the ones in Dublin such as Windsor or Merlin...from what I heard, but now sure how true that is. Is it not organised by one car dealer??

cant be as bad as the ones in mullingar!
    any know where there's a scrap yard??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 finnykid

Big Sean Murphys in Ovens just outside Ballincollig. Absolutely out of this world. Just go and have a look. Always bargains to be had

• Advertisement

can you pinpoint this for me on google maps?
    the city has plenty of street names but ballincollig has none...
    what days and times is it on???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Big Seanies :)
    Take the south link
    Take the exit for EMC
    Take the first exit on the roudabout (Towards ovens)
    you come to a cross roads (Grange cross)
    Take a left
    Straight on for about 2 miles (really thing crappy road)
    take the road that veers off to the right
    you can't miss it, big seanie is the big hairy guy sitting in the van or car, make sure you tell him your going in first !
    And bring some tools with you ... its just piles of cars lying about the place !!!

Great bargains to be had though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

finnykid wrote:
    Big Sean Murphys in Ovens just outside Ballincollig. Absolutely out of this world. Just go and have a look. Always bargains to be had

SCARY place, SCARY!! . his office is a van....But a fairly cool place all the same. Lots of people swear by it.

cheers for the directions guys, ill attempt them next week when im not working so late.
    so what times on what days is the auction on??

bump! (working late again this week so no chance to explore)
    so what times on what days guys????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It's a scrap yard, not an auction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vix8

DOES anyone have anumber for Sean Murphy's crap yard in Ovens Cork?
    Or any other scrap dealer who gets VW golfs? I'm looking for an electric window regulator?
    Cheers

Advertisement