Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick Haynes manual question

Options
  • 25-02-2007 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Bought a 2000 Seat Ibiza, 1L Petrol recently. I've been trying to find a Haynes manual for it but no luck, just wondering if one has been published at all?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

There's one upto 99 but it doesn't list any plans to bring out a manual for more recent models, you can check them out at www.haynes.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Seeing as they have been brought up are the haynes manuals all they are cracked up to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

bigkev49 wrote:
    Seeing as they have been brought up are the haynes manuals all they are cracked up to be?

I think so. I've one for my own car, and it is detailed very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Max_Damage wrote:
    I think so. I've one for my own car, and it is detailed very well.
    Cheers. I do most of the maintenance on my car myself, basic servicing is simple but I want to be able do more myself.
    Know where I could get second hand ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Haynes manuals are good for anyone who feels they want to give DIY car maintenance and repairs a go. But with all the electronics featured on modern vehicles, the Haynes manual has less to offer the DIY enthusiast nowadays. But still great for a lot of routine stuff.

Haynes Seat listing here. Lokks like it's just up 1999 as Tipsy Mac already pointed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Haynes have gone to the dogs IMO. They have even less information in them than before. Dreadful value if you need to go into any sort of detail with a half-modern car.

Get a Bentley manual for your car, if they have published one. They are choc-full of proceedures and info and are generally the thickness of a telephone book!

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Thanks for the replies.

Yea I had checked the Haynes' site but just wanted to be sure I didn't miss it! Bentley's don't publish one for SEATs at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Thanks for the replies.

Yea I had checked the Haynes' site but just wanted to be sure I didn't miss it! Bentley's don't publish one for SEATs at all.

You could get the polo one if you felt so inclined. Have a look on seatcupra.net's boards and see what they reccomend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I got mine from eBay very cheaply (1p to be precise :D excluding P&P) I got one of the older manuals for my Micra (circa late 80's/early 90's), which I find are more detailed than the newer ones, but thats sort of irrelevant if you want a manual on a newer car.

Advertisement