Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broncos Damien Nash dies

• 25-02-2007 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Broncos running back Damien Nash collapsed and died after a charity basketball game in suburban St. Louis on Feb. 24, less than two months after the slaying of teammate Darrent Williams.

"We have been informed of the passing of Damien Nash," team spokesman Jim Saccomano said. "We are attempting to get more details. ... We do know it's true."

Officials at Christian Hospital in St. Louis said the 24-year-old Nash died early Saturday evening. The cause of death wasn't immediately determined.

Nash collapsed shortly after participating in the game benefiting a foundation named for older brother Darris Nash. The foundation raises money for heart transplant research. It was established last month, after Darris Nash, 25, received a heart transplant.

Former Missouri receiver Sean Coffey was at the event with Nash at Riverview Gardens High School and told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch there was no indication anything was wrong.

"Everything was normal. ... We were playing around at the game. ... He was fine," Coffey told the newspaper. "I give my best to his family. This is crazy. I can't believe this is happening. It was the first time I had seen him in a couple of years. I can't believe he's gone. I'm so happy I got to see him one last time."

Such a shame, espically for the Broncos after Williams death aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

damn, this sucks.

RIP man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Pity his brother in law is trying to cash in on it to improve his draft position.

r.i.p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

The Broncos are having some real bad luck at the moment.
    I feel sorry for the players familys and the teams fans.

Advertisement