Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wanna make your own mmo?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I don't get it. What exactly do you have to do?

I signed up and it tells me they'll get back to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Acclaims has announced that their creative officer Dave Perry is developing a new MMO project from scratch and that he is opening up the development of the game to a limited number of people who sign up at the game's "top secret" web site. Here is a snip:

In an unprecedented move for the game industry, these players will be given a chance to have their work featured in a massively multiplayer PC game that will be published by Acclaim and directed by David Perry. Perry will choose a winner from the contributors, and Acclaim will be giving them a breath-taking prize, ‘A Video Game Industry Directorship’, working on a new fully-funded massively multiplayer online PC game. David Perry will be their Executive Producer to help them as needed on their game, and once they complete their project, they will even earn royalties from the game sales!

Interestingly, applicants don’t need any prior game development experience. In fact, Perry refuses to look at resumes. “We only care about the pure, focused, passionate talent they show up with,” he says.

“Top Secret is like ‘The Apprentice’ meets ‘American Idol’ meets ‘The Video Game Industry’. We’re giving our players a chance to work on an online game that we will actually develop and publish. Our community really loves these games and knows what it takes to make a hit. And it will be a dream come true for one lucky star that shines the most throughout the project,” says Acclaim CEO Howard Marks.

from http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=14462

Advertisement